Anyone using myFocuserPro2 with Voyager? Connect problem

I am trying to connect to a myFocuserPro2 focuser. Voyager fails to connect, but the myFocuserPro2 connects without problem.

I can connect to the focuser from POTH if I don’t run POTH as Administrator. If I run POTH as Adminiistrator, it will not connect to the focuser either.

Any hints appreciated.

Cheers,
Tom

Hello Tom,

Voyager focuser control can manage all focuser with ASCOM driver, be sure you focuser have ASCOM driver and check, if you connect this to more than a one application , that this driver support more than one client connection.

Leave Voyager open for for first the driver if you want to use poth. If you want to open POTH before be sure to use it in admin mode if your driver open another instance.

All the best
LO

Hi Leo,

myFocuserPro2 has an ASCOM driver, and I have installed it, but can’t connect from Voyager.

I have used POTH as a debugging tool, although I don’t use POTH with Voyager.

If POTH is run as normal user, it will connect to the focuser, but if POTH is run as Administrator it will not connect. It seems the myFocuserPro2 ASCOM driver does not connect in Administrator mode.

I woud like to hear if anyone has used myFocuserPro2 with Voyager.

Thank you for your support,

Tom

Strange that a focuser with ASCOM cannot be used with Voyager, is the first time.
Which version of ASCOM interface use this driver ?
Probably is not compliant or doesn’t match the ASCOM Paltform version you have installed ?

All the best
LO

OK i understand which focuser you talk.
Answer is yes and work (sorry but you need to translate it):

All the best
LO

I’ve used a Focuserpro2 within Voyager without problems and without any mod…

I also use myfocuserpro2

Thank you to all who responded to this post, and particularly to Leo for the significant time devoted to resolving my problem.

Voyager is clearly capable of using myFocuserPro2. I will look for the cause of my problem elsewhere.

Cheers,
Tom

So sorry Tom … i’m sure you’ll find solution.
If you need more help ad let me know about.

All the best
LO

Hi Tom, could it depend on the type of Arduino used? I had read that the Nano models with the CH340 chip guarantee a more reliable connection