Artificial horizon in Sequences/DragScript?

I’m new to Voyager and super impressed with the reliability compared to my previous imaging experiences.

So far I haven’t found any way to detect and plan around obstacles in my sky – for me these are primarily tall trees but also include houses and garages.

Of course I only want to collect data when my target in in an unobstructed part of the sky. But this is complex at my site, with one (thankfully narrow) tree reaching 70 degrees of altitude and lots of them reaching 45 degrees.

I guess I can just use a planetarium program to plan out exactly when each target emerges and then passes behind an obstacle, but it would be great to automate this as a “constraint” in sequences and/or DragScript. I have previously built “artificial horizon” files for TheSkyX, Stars, MountWizzard, SKySafari, and Cartes du Ciel.

Is there a way to get the artificial horizon from Cartes du Ciel to be recognized as a constraint in Voyager?

Thanks for any help!

You can use constraints in sequence (azimuth, HA and altitude) also you can add time for start and end as constraints. Voyager doesn’t have horizon management.

All the best
Leonardo

Thanks. That’s what I was afraid of. This will become much more important with the new planning features of Voyager Advanced when we hope to have targets chosen automatically from a list.

Also, for “setting” behind (but not rising above) the artificial horizon I guess we can just rely on the failure of guiding to detect the time to move on to another target.

Try with azimuth, with a little planning you can define a nice sequence.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like