ASCOM DSLR wrong iso speed

All, possible the ones who using canon DSLR camera’s with Voyager can help me.
I have loaded the Ascom.DSLR Driver with the native SDK. Connected via the standard way in the setup camera tab, and selected ascom DSLR.

WIthin the DSLR Ascom properties, you can set the iso speed, for my 40d I set it to 1600. RGGB and specifies the download directory and save it by selecting ok and again ok. In Voyager sensor type is DSLR then connect all ASCOM Camera drive for DSLR, the version 0.5.

I take picture via onthefly test shot.
In the monitor it show Speed=100 and the created Fit show a speed of 0 in the fits view
while after disconnect and opening the ascom driver its still on 1600.

Can some explain what is happening? What do i wrong or wat went wrong

Chris

Hi Chris,

I installed the ASCOM DSLR. You must retrieve the Speed and Readout mode from camera:
https://wiki.starkeeper.it/index.php/Camera_Setup#Readout_Mode
https://wiki.starkeeper.it/index.php/Camera_Setup#Speed

Set the ISO you want for various binning and RAW for Readout mode.
Voyager for default shot, plate solve and generally for what is not in Sequence will use the ISO you will set in Speed box

In sequence you can use ISO for single slot if needed or use autoprofile.

Never use JPG like readout mode.

All the best
Leonardo

Leonardo

O chips i look over the get button, which did the job,

thanks

Chris

I have set up the redout mode and speed settings as shown above. My camera is a Canon 800D and it connects to Voyager just fine, but when I take a Camera shot or Plate Solve the monitor shows Speed=; and my camera ISO gets set back to 100.

Voyager Release: 2.3.3
ASCOM.DSLR.Camera: Version 0.5

Please refer to this post:

This is standard and do not depends on ASCOM driver you are using. If you have problem again please report to the support of ASCOM driver you are using.

All the best
Leonardo

Thanks for the quick response, but I’m still having the problem after updating my Voyager release to the latest version.

You indicate that the functionality does not depend on the ASCOM driver being used, but you want me to contact ASCOM support to resolve?

We do not offer official support by forum. Anyway …
Update Voyager to last release is not the right way to solve your problem because do not depends on Voyager.

I wrote that all the cameras used through the ASCOM drivers in Voyager follow the same single standard, the ASCOMs. For this reason ask support to the developers of the ASCOM driver you are using if the things not work correctly, this is the right way to solve your problem.

Thank you so much
Leonardo

I will try to get ASCOM developers to help, but since other apps using this driver are able to update ISO just fine (e.g. Backyard EOS is working fine with this driver) I don’t anticipate they will be able to help.

I could tell you the same thing, that all ASCOM cameras in Voyager use ISOs correctly except in your case your driver … but we’d be point-to-head. ASCOMs are the same for everyone … either you been using things wrong or something is wrong with your drivers.