Enable Filterwheel for colour cameras

Hi Leo,

Any chance of including this ? I have an ASI2600MC and want to select filters depending on what I’m imaging. Normally it’s just using the UV/IR block but I also want to be able to use my IDAS P2 or Duoband for narrow band imaging.

Would be very grateful if you could consider this as at the moment I’m connecting to the F/W via SkyX and changing it there. I just have to remember to reset the wheel when the usb gets disconnected for any reason (I’m quite forgetful about things like this).

Sorry more icing on the cake :slight_smile:

Best wishes
Robert

1 Like

Hello Robert,

declare camera like monochrome in Voyager and add your filter wheel , all will work fine. Use also multiple Voyager profile if you need. FIT mochrome or color is exactly the same.

So many users do this since years.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Thank you Leo - no idea why I didn’t think of that myself !

Robert

1 Like

It should work perfectly as the bayer matrix data is irrelevant to what Voyager is doing, it only becomes relevant when you go to stack the images. I am just about to do the same thing with my ASI294 camera so I can mount a HA filter as well as my current UV-IR to extend the times I can do worthwhile imaging with respect to moonlight. Not to mention starting to gather the equipment to move to mono imaging.

Before I changed to Voyager I actually imaged at one time with a simulated filter wheel and focus offsets to combat the effects of a cheap non APO refractor, debayering and separating out the colours as separate files using Astro Pixel Processor and using the best focus for each colour in the integration. That was just an exercise in seeing what I could get out of a cheap scope before I bought a much better (And more expensive) one but the simulated filter wheel approach worked perfectly.

Thanks Blue, an interesting resolution to the problem, thanks for sharing.

Robert

+1 I also support this request :slight_smile: I have a color camera ASI2600MC Pro with a EFW 2’'x7 filter wheel including:
Dark
HEUIBII
Moon & SkyGlow
L-Pro
NGS1
NPB
L-eNhance

That is 100% required for my config and current setup :grinning: :pray: :+1:

From what Leonardo has written above and from my experience when experimenting previously there is no change required to Voyager to make it work for you. Just change the camera type selection to monochrome and add all your filter wheel details as you would normally for a mono camera. The actual camera type (Mono or OSC) in the system is irrelevant to Voyager as the debayer process occurs in whatever software you use to stack the images. As far as I am aware that selection only makes the filter wheel input available.

I am not even sure if there is any need or benefit in debayering the data if you are focusing through filters except for the multiple band pass types where different elements wavelengths will be dominant through different bayer matrix filters on the camera.

Dear Andre,

there arent any support request in this task. You can already do what you ask, please referer to my answer Enable Filterwheel for colour cameras

All the best
LO

Sorry but debayer data have no sense for Voyager and how it works.
So just match your filter to narrow or broad type .

All the best
LO

Leo’s suggestion worked for me so I no longer need this change. As mentioned just select ‘monochrome’ instead of ‘color’ to enable the filter wheel dialogue. Any image coming down from the camera is saved ‘raw’ as you would expect.

Robert

1 Like