Image with snapshot but not when plate solving

Hi - just setting up new voyager install.
the camera snapshot works fine and sends image to fits viewer
the plate solver works if i point it to an image that has already been taken (eg by the snapshot)
however…when i ask voyager to plate solve actual coordinates or try to start to point to focus star i get a totally black image (yes when stretched too) sent to the fits viewer and the plate solve fails due to no stars…
i cannot see a setting that would make the plate solve image different from the camera snapshot…
can anyone help?
thanks
gavin

just to clarify a point here - the bad image that gets returned is a fully flooded 65k adu image - but I am shooting in the dark and this should not happen for a short exposure so the point remains that when plate solve calls a cropped image from the camera the solve fails when camera snapshot returns ok images…
best,
gavin

my camera is QHY600 by the way

Hi Gavin,

seems you have some wrong settings in the camera or in the plate solve shot settings.
We do not offer support by forum, please use the support channels here:

All the best
Leonardo

Hi all
a note here to say that having used to correct support channels I can say that the response was comprehensive and rapid - in this case a same-day 1-1 (late night) session to configure my setup!
there were some specific issues that I would just not have been able to get on my own - including flux settings in focus software (which would apply beyond voyager…) given my oversampled camera in the initial setup and issues relating to polling speeds in ascom and choice of optimal plate solving algorithms.
I look forward to moving on to some scripting and exploring the capabilities of Voyager!
Gavin

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, it was a pleasure can use setup like yours. Congratulations.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like