Individual equipment connection buttons?

The individual equipment connection buttons do not work for me. I am trying to create a couple of sequences and would like to connect only my planetarium software. (I do not have an observatory and the rest of my equipment is put away in storage cases.) Rowland’s wiki also indicates that the buttons may not work. Is there a way to activate these buttons?

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

As of now (Version 2.1.1a), only the ASCOM Safety Monitor individual connect / disconnect button has been implemented. The other buttons are present but not yet working - it’s coming in a future release.

Cheers,
Rowland

1 Like

OK, good to know it’s in the works. Thanks Rowland.

Glenn

Any updates on this? It would be good to be able to connect a Planetarium separately from other devices. When I am setting up my targets I like to check time of transit and to retrieve information using the Sequence Editor target buttons.
Thank you

Roberto

1 Like

Hello Roberto,

no news about. Todo list is really big…actually we are working on totally new features.

All the best
LO

Since this is a question about connecting and disconnecting the equipment how about adding a feature that allows me to connect the equipment in the order I want?

Reason for request.
On my system PhD2 needs to be started before the iOptron mount Commander driver is started. Note: all drivers are the latest. Once Phd2 is started it then connects to the iOptron Commander software automatically. This is a manual sequence I have to use before starting Voyager startup sequence otherwise Voyager will not connect to either PhD2 or iOptron subsystem.

Welcome astrochaser,

i’ve use PHD2 an ioptron and never need this, try to check your setting.
Leave Voyager start for first and reconfigure the PHD2 connection.
Voyager is an integrator system isn’t possible use an arbitrary order.

If you want leave thing in this way use a DragScript for startup instead to use connect, use a external process block for start PHD2 and the connect setup block.

All the best
LO

I have tried just to let voyager start the connection process and if fails. The startup dialog box will have both the guiding and mount connections turn RED and aborts the process and fails to connect the rest of the equipment.

A also wrote a drag script just to start the PhD2 and iOptron mount. It starts both then both abort in about two seconds and closes both external programs as I watch the task bar.

So the only way around this is for me to manually start PhD2 which starts the iOptron mount. After that then start Voyager and it all works from then on.

Try to reinstall PHD2 and Ioptron thing and ascom … probably this fix the problem.

All the best
LO

I’ll think about it.
However these subsystems have been up and running with all of the patches and updates on two seperate computer without fail. The issue only started after I installed Voyager. BTW, I’m not complaining about Voyager. It’s a wonderful tool.

To me it’s not a showstopper. I have my work around and that’s good enough for me at this time.

FYI, I am running latest Voyager with latest PHD2 and latest iOptron ASCOM driver and not seeing the problem, i.e. I start Voyager and it starts everything else including connecting to the mount and starting PHD2 which in turn connects to the mount and cameras etc. Not sure that helps but just wanted you to know there is a configuration similar to yours that works properly, so it is likely a configuration or installation issue as Leo suggests rather than a bug. Are you running Voyager as admin?

Glad you found a workaround and good luck if you decide to try to figure out the problem - enjoy Voyager!

Cheers,
Rowland

Voyager absolutely not affect other applications or installations … solution when there are problems is always the most simple.