Loading Readout Modes from TSX

I am using TSX as my imaging software. I can load the filter set from TSX. But I can’t load the Readout Modes. When I click on GET in the Readout Mode panel I get the following error message:

[GetReadoutModesFromTheSkyXCameraAddOn] Error: No Readout Modes for Camera Selected in TSX

There are 4 camera modes (fast speed, normal speed and with / without “RBI Flood” for both).

Should this work? It’d be great as I want to make sure that I am using normal download / RBI flood for images and flat and fast download / no RBI flood for focus and plate solve.

Thanks
Mark

Dear Mark,

sorry to read … i use each days the Readout mode in TSX, so this request sound strange to me.
I checked to be sure but all work. Or your camera doesn’t expose in 3rd parts software layer the list or you have an old version of TSX that doesn’t implement it.

Let me know.
All the best
LO

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for the quick reply. It’s good to know that it should work. So, I’ll spend more time trying to figure this out.

• I can see the 4 readout modes in TSX. Does Voyager read the readout modes from TSX or directly from the Camera / Camera driver?
  • Updating TSX is a good idea. Which version do you have?

Thanks
Mark

I just updated TSX and still have the same issue.

Could this be specific to FLI cameras? They don’t have an Ascom Driver but need to get selected directly in TSX.

Thanks
Mark

Sorry to read Mark … i checked with other users that have FLI and TSX using Camera Add On and like for my development setup all work fine, my TSX have version 10.5.0 build1609.

Attached a screenshot just done of a FLI PL16803 and a FLI ML16200 … what i cannot check is the driver FLI used (Voyager just ask to TSX and not use ASCOM).

Check if you have updated FLI driver, this features was asked 1 year ago from @rockstarbill

Also camera Firwmare can affect how the camera communicate the readout mode but this is to investigate with TSX developer.

All the best
LO

Forget …
I can add some debug logging in one dedicated Voyager version for you to understand if there are more info but if you have log please send to me, I can search for errors or warning during operations.

LO

1 Like