NGC206, a star cloud in M31:
http://www.starkeeper.it/NGC206_2021.htm

Optics: GSO RC 10" F8 2000mm - Astrograph Ritchie-Chrétien
Mount: AP Mach1 GTO
Camera: QSI-640WSG
Filters: Astrodon LRGB 1.25" I Series Gen II - Astrodon Ha 5nm 1.25"
Guiding Systems: SXV-AO-LF Active Optics - SX Lodestar
Dates/Times: 2020 / 2021
Exposure Details: L:H:R:G:B => 330:60:70:70:70 = > (66x5):(2x30):(14x5):(14x5):(14x5) color Bin2 [num x minutes]
Cooling Details: -25°C
Acquisition: Maxim DL/CCD, Voyager
Processing: CCDStack2+, PS CC
Mean FWHM: 1.68" / 2.21"
SQM-L: 20.21 / 20.48
9 Likes

This is another lovely image, Leo. Your color and contrast are always spot-on. Congratulations!

How do you like the RC scope? I just bought a 10-inch truss RC but am waiting for a Feather Touch focuser. Parts are in short supply these days.

Kind regards,

Glenn Diekmann

Really nice Leo, the color saturation is excellent, it serves to split the different types of stars and nebula elements.

Thanks

@Starship I have GSO RC from the first protoype (8" and 10") … 2008. I helped to develop this telescope for this brand. So many years passed … having only two mirror I found it perfect in terms of performance. Focuser is something never work really fine, I asked to Ron at Moonlite to develop one for me … I already have the first prototype of High Res Stepper CFL.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Great image Leo, lovely control of colour while resolving the details inside the galaxy nicely!

I am planning / dreaming :relaxed: of getting a GSO 10in RC as well. I love my refractor (TAK FSQ106), but want to get something with more reach at some stage. The optics of the GSOs seems very good for the price.

Regards,
Jacques