Output file naming

I’m just getting started and working on configuration and I have not been able to figure out where I can customize output file names for images. I’ve tried to research the Wiki and this forum, but been unable to locate and reference. Can someone please point me to the documentation for this? TIA.

BTW: so far I am amazed at the flexibility of this application. I’m just moving over from NINA.

Hi Lulubelle,

There is a prefix or suffix field (can’t remember which) in each sequence “slot”, which allows slight modification of the name. But otherwise one cannot modify file names. It has been requested here a few times but I do not know if it’s in the works. I would very much like to be able to do it, too.

Kind regards,

Glenn

Hi Glenn, thanks for the response. I was hoping I had just missed it somewhere. I do find it very helpful when sorting files.
Thanks

Voyager divide files by target, date folder, filters folder at now. You can define a suffix on file and nothing else.

Actually this feature is on the todo list, priority isnt really high but we can reconsider it.

All the best
LO

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, and showing me the location.

As I think I’ve mentioned, I use the file name for sorting purposes. For example. By using the HFD value and star count at the beginning of the file name, it can then be easily sorted by worse to last, or vice versa. The same when moving files around by filter type, etc.

Again, thanks for the reply. I have so much to learn already, and excited for the skies to clear so I can take Voyager for spin. :slight_smile:
Neil