Second computer Install

Hello Group,

I have Voyager installed on my observatory PC but I would like to do some drag script within the warmth of the house on my second computer.

Can anyone shed any light on the process to install and use my existing licence that I have brought for Viking and Voyager.

Kind regards,
Martin

I do the same thing. I have an always on computer for editing drag-scripts/sequences, etc. and have them uploaded to my deployed PCs at the scope. I put the Dragscript, Sequence and Profile files in a Dropbox folder that’s shared among all my astro PCs. Once I power on the PC at the scope, the sync gets underway and is quickly updated.

Note: this method is different than the default, which stores all these files in Documents locally on your PC. Unfortunately, I don’t think dropbox can sync that folder as it’s external to the usual Dropbox location. This method requires you to save your locations to someplace different than default, but I think that added step is okay since I can keep my 3 systems in sync pretty easily.

Hope that helps!
Gabe

1 Like

Each license of Voyager allow you to install it on 3 different PCs.
Install Voyager, copy and paste the serial generated on the PC and send by email to support.
You will receive a related license file to import.

More info here in wiki or in your original license mail received after Voyager purchase:
https://voyager.tourstar.net/index.php?title=Licensing

All the best
LO

If you use google drive you can sync this folder or generally all the Voyager doc folders.

1 Like

That’s a great idea! Thanks Leo!

Thanks Gabe,

I just don’t want to be sat in the cold getting to grips with Voyager - far more civilised indoors.

Martin

Hello Martin … If you need support we are really happy to help you.

All the best
LO

1 Like