Sequence questions

If the brand is in common in this case you dont need to do anything you can mix narrow and broad without problem if you want and if this have sense for you on the same sequence. LocalField or RoboStar are the same, work in anycase. If brand is different … I already wrote to you a solution.

Voyager was born to be different, that can be a good or bad things. I leave the satisfaction of being all the same to the other programs.

From the looks of it I’m pretty sure array uses offsets for all linked nodes. That’s how the settings look anyway.

I confirm Reginald, you are right.

Yup, we are on the same page about that. The LRGB all of one brand and the narrowband are all of another brand but the same as each other. I will just do separate sequences for broadband and narrowband. There is no reason both need to be in the same sequence, just that they’re both done in the same session. Normally when using tandem scopes I will have one scope doing narrowband, and the second doing some RGB just for star color and then switch to narrowband.

Array focus problem is with Robostar in single star …pointing is only one and focus in narrow and broad at same time was not possible because only one star can be chosen, this is the reason to using offset and this is how the original customer request the Array Version ask for. LocalField can be changed and will be changed to have optional to not use offset because using all the stars in a field so pratically can be offset free.

Just for your info …

Thanks for the information. I feel like it is a good thing Array operates in that way because performing focus with Lum and then using offset to switch to other filters is the way I am used to operating.

To be honest, I’ve been more concerned about offsets because of platesolving than because of focusing. Occasionally I image targets that have a very sparse starfield and the exposures necessary to pick up enough stars at long focal length, F8, and with 3nm filters can be tough. Being able to use Lum for the platesolving and then offsetting to NB after framing was my solution previously. I just need to adapt to the Voyager way until I start using Array.

1 Like

Last night I had a small window to do some testing. I was actually able to make an Array sequence but only connect the master node and run it as if it were a normal sequence. Doing this gave me access to the filter offsets and allowed me to test, a sequence, autofocus, platesolving, and filter offsets. Everything worked. I started off by manually doing a localfield autofocus run with luminance, then started the sequence at which time Voyager centered target with lum filter and then took some subs with HA, green, Sii, Oiii, and blue. focus was good across all filters without needs to run AF in between.

My next question is about the Array sequencer. I noticed when the sequence was finished Array didn’t do anything. I figured it was because I didn’t have an action set in the On End section of the sequence. However, upon checking there is no On End section in the Array sequencer. So what is the best way to advise the master node to park the mount once a sequence is complete?

Also, it looks like you cannot use dragscript in Array. Am I just doing it wrong or is this true? If it is true, might dragscript make it into array in the future?

There is a workaround for the offset. Say your offset for NB is +100 steps. In DragScript.

Do your RGB sequence, including Autofocus
Robofire Focuser Move To >> Relative >> 100
Do your NB sequence including Autofocus

If you want to repeat the RGB and NB sequences, put both in a block and repeat that though you would need to do a -100 move before going back to RGB

Thanks for that I’ll keep that I’m mind when using Voyager. Fortunately Array does use offsets so I’m easily able to just platesolve and autofocus with a reference filter. Now just need to figure out how (if possible) to do On End tasks or dragscript in Array.

You must use DragScript, array is supported in dragscript and you also have all the blocks like in base.

Thanks. I see now there are Array options in the Drag Script editor. I was looking in the wrong place before.

I have a question about Drag Script. In the script I’m writing I want to have 2 different session ending blocks. One for a normal session end in which the mount slews to the zenith for flats, and a second one where if on error of any of the previous blocks the mount parks normally. The normal end is above the error end block. I want to make sure that upon a successful end to the session and the mount slews to the zenith and stops the script doesnt then proceed to the error end block. Do I prevent that by adding an if OK command “go to end” so that it skips the error end block all together?

Screenshot 2021-07-26 165346

Or just add a flag variable for the two conditions and Use do if to test it in each end block.