Starburst Galaxy, IC 10, TEC 160FL and Voyager

Hello,

I imaged Starburst Galaxy last week. It’s located in Cassiopeia. This was a difficult object to image and process due to this object under heavy light pollution where I live. It has a very low surface brightness. I don’t recommend imaging this object under heavy light pollution. Voyager’s auto focusing is excellent. I used single star Robo Focus auto focusing. One sub resulted low FWHM of 1.75". I would say the average FWHM of 63 subs was about 2.3". Meridian Flip also worked great. Thanks to Leo for making a great automation software.

High resolution image at: https://peternagy.smugmug.com/Telescopes/Galaxies/i-gg35bjN/A

Starburst Galaxy, IC 10 . RGB + Luminance. 0.84"/pixel image scale.

Astrodon I series Red filter, 7 x 10 minutes, 1x1. 10/25/2019.
Astrodon I series Green filter, 7 x 10 minutes, 1x1. 10/25/2019.
Astrodon I series Blue filter, 7 x 10 minutes, 1x1. 10/25/2019.
Astrodon I series Lum filter, 42 x 5 minutes, 1x1. 10/25/2019.

Total 7 hours.

TEC 160FL APO F/7 with TEC Field Flattener, Astro-Physics A-P1100GTO GEM with absolute encoders. QSI660wsg. OAG and Ultrastar autoguider (1.19"/sec), Starlight Instruments PDMS motorized focuser.

Captured and automated with Voyager. Calibration and Post-processed with PixInsight. PHD2 settings: RA Aggressiveness: 70, RA Hysteresis: 10, Max RA/Dec Duration: 2000, Min Move: 0.67 (0.80"), Calibration Steps: 200msec, Lowpass2 Dec guiding algorithm, 4 seconds auto guiding exposure and dithering 5 pixels.

I will try to image with Ha and blend it with LRGB hoping to bring more details of this object.

Thanks for looking. Clear skies and tiny stars.

Peter

3 Likes

Great image Peter, i really love this target.
Wonderful result.

All the best
LO

Thank you Leo. Your software made my life easier.

Peter

1 Like