Super long project 8 pane SMC mosaic

Hi,

This project took me a while to capture, but in the end, it turned out nice! It is an 8 pane mosaic of the SMC region fully planned and captured with Voyager. I integrated around 1100 subs for this project captured over 2 months using a variation of Leo’s perpetual script.

Telescope FSQ106N
Apogee 8300
Astronomik RGB+Ha filters
8 Pane mosaic (around 1100 individual frames 3min for RGB and 5min for Ha)

I want to thank Leo for this magnificent program!

Cheers,

José

https://mtanous.files.wordpress.com/2020/12/smc_ngc104.jpg

13 Likes

Thanks to you for this kind of image and effort … like AP I’m really impressed from your image.
Congratulations.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Beautiful image Jose, congratulations! Love the colors and processing.

Cheers,
Rowland

Thanks Rowland, I am glad that you like it. The processing is very basic, my laptop is very slow and cannot cope with such a big image so I limited myself to the basics, stretch and saturation.

Cheers,

José

Beautiful job on this, José. To get this detail and yet maintain the core of 47 Tuc is an admirable accomplishment. Well done, sir.

Thank you for your kind words, Eric!

47 Tuc is not burnt because I am forced to do short integrations because of the mount I am using, I cannot go over 5min with a high keep rate, so most of the subs are 3min long.

Cheers,

José

Thanks Leo! I am still impressed with the perpetual script, it is like magic!

Cheers,

José

1 Like

Again congrats on your superb image and for the effort you put into it.

About the script, I read you have changed something and I don’t remember if you have shared … it’s late and this week I work hard to finish FLI support in Voyager. But I will happy if you want to comment on the changes if are something I can apply to get better the base script.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Sure thing, let me post it in the same thread where you originally showed the script.

Cheers,

José

Jose … congratulations:
https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap210105.html

We are really proud of having you as our customer.

All the best
Leonardo

2 Likes

Incredible work Jose, APOD well deserved!

Best
Francesco

2 Likes

Thanks Leo, I am super happy with Voyager! I am running Voyager on 3 rigs and I have many projects in the works.
Cheers,

José

2 Likes

Thanks Francesco!

I am really happy with this suite of products.

Cheers,

José

2 Likes