Update Decimal for dragscript

Hello,

Update Decimal from Solved PA

Is the number the SKYPA from the plate solve or the rotator PA (after the plate solve)?
If SKY PA, is it possible to get a “Update Decimal from PA” (to be used for flats if you have various sequences and have rotated).

Thank you

SkyPA is something related to the Sky cannot be used for rotate.

All the best
Leonardo

I understand, but SKYPA is just a number so can you confirm what is produced by Update Decimal from Solved PA : is it just the rotator PA ?

Thank you

This is what reported in Wiki

• Update Decimal from Solved PA: Set the value of a decimal number from the last solved PA returned by a Plate or Blind Solving action

UpdataFromPA.png

• Decimal Number: Select the decimal number variable to update from the drop-down list
  • OK: Save changes and close the window
  • Cancel: Discard changes and close the window

Solved PA is always a SkyPA for definition

Thanks. as PA rotator is confirmed, is it possible for Rotator Move in drag script to be moved to a Decimal ?

Actually you cannot rotate from decimal number variable

All the best
Leonardo

OK. Thanks for the response.

Just add what you asked. Really easy and in the to-do list to help with flat and rotator in DragScript.
This is a simple DragScript to get the actual rotator PA, store in a variable, add 20° and rotate the rotator of the new PA value in the variable:

immagine

Expanded the Update Decimal with a new Update Decimal From Rotator PA:
immagine

Added possibility to use a Decimal Variable to rotate Rotator:
immagine

All the best
Leonardo

Really fantastic and what I had in mind. I was struggling with the last element Move to : use variable.
How of interest, in what circumstance would you add an offset ? Or is that just to show the flexibility of scripting ?

Just a demo … nothing else.

All the best
Leonardo