Voyager and the others

You are right Roberto but sometimes there are people with the clear purpose of bringing discredit. In that case it makes a healthy question of principle even if it brings problems to business.

2 Likes

Iā€™d not take almost any criticism from CN, Leo. While there are a dozen or so people there that I take seriously, critics are a dime-a-dozen, and worth every penny of that dime.

1 Like

I know very well that Voyager is a small thing and for this reason I have only my reputation and the certainty that Voyager always works correctly. I donā€™t think I can live only on appearances and for the sake of marketing gloss over everything. Certain foolish attacks such as the one on renewals not given and refusing help are complete lies that cause great damage to the image.

2 Likes

Leo,
do not worry about the critics, or people with axes to drind, you have a loyal group of users. I for one will continue to support you for a number of reasons:

Voyager is a great program
Pricing is affordable
You are the only software author who has ever bothered to reply to my queries, usually in only a few hours (when do you sleep :slight_smile:
You give the best support I have seen.
You are a nice man.

cheers
Gary

5 Likes

Thanks Gary ā€¦ I really appreciated your post and your consideration of me.

Having ideals and doing business is not always easy to reconcile ā€¦ it is that when some excited person puts the matter on the personal side by insulting it becomes difficult not to reply. Its my own limit.

Hi Leo
As a recent convert to Voyager, I found your excellent product by searching the web for an app with an excellent autofocus function and Voyager was recommended many times on various forums, Sure, I also saw negative stuff, but that happens all over the web/social media these days and can be ignored when it clearly lacks substance. I started astro-imaging when I retired 4 years ago and had never used automation software before Voyager. It took me a while to become competent with it but with a little perseverance it has become intuitive. I asked you for assistance an a couple of occasions and you responded extremely quickly with clear and helpful advice - far quicker than any of the major astro products that I own. Your product is reliable and very stable. It does exactly what I ask of it and it has made my imaging sessions far more efficient and more importantly, unusable subs are now extremely rare. You have developed a high quality product that you should be extremely proud of and it will continue to grow in user numbers and reputation. Please keep up the good work!
Kind regards
Dave

2 Likes

Dave, thank you so much. I tried to do my best ā€¦ Iā€™ll try to continue at my best.
Really appreciate your words.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

I didnā€™t find any issues when I started (you have to read, it helped I had a buddy who had a head start). There are some quirks (multi-sequence, darks/bias require a drag script, sky flats do too?) that required me to prep before I went out. Rotator was initially an issue (once I understood why it wasnā€™t working initially I had a work around, your new integration makes it even easier).

As we find issues, you address them quickly. I enjoy how quickly you get back to the community and that you take quality time to do it.

Ultimately there are ā€˜fansā€™ who will look for negatives in every other option. I think youā€™ll find most people read both sides and will give your software a decent shot.

Keep it up Leonardo, we really appreciate all the work you put into it.

Chris

More than issues and quirks I would call them other ways of managing things or thinking about astrophotography.

Anyway some more info on your words:

• multisequence ā€¦ yes you need dragscript and this is the simples way (1 minute of drag & drop and choose of sequence) https://wiki.starkeeper.it/index.php/DragScript_Examples#Multiple_Targets

• dark & bias you can also do in sequence or you can do on DragScript , there is a precompiled dragscript to edit at your need

• skyflat not need dragscript you have a dedicate action and configurator

Voyager is running since 2009, just for info.

All the best and thanks for your words.
Leonardo

1 Like

Thanks Leo!! Some of the V guys have been explaining it to me. I think alot of us just got used to other software and have to dig in and learn.

I havenā€™t found any show stoppers and the reliability makes me happy. Iā€™ll fight the fight and keep learning!

Thank you,
Chris

This is good to read. Thank you.

1 Like

I have used Leoā€™s software for a few years now. In fact, I was the catalyst on Cloudy Nights for folks to explore it, because of how good it was then. It is only better now. I presented to the Astro Imaging Channel about the software and really enjoyed engaging with the community there. Whatever the haters want to say, I would retort that they hate us, cuz they aint us. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Voyager is and will continue to be the most reliable AP software on the planet. If anyone reads this and thinks otherwise you are welcome to contact me directly for a full nights view of how this excellent software works.

Initial CN Thread:

On top of how well it works, is its creator and developer Leo. One of the jewels of AP, a great human being, and someone that builds this because he loves all of this as much as we do. I will put my dollars in that basket any day of the week.

13 Likes