Leo and Francesco, I hope you and your family are doing well. I saw on facebook a mention of the new array system and see that purchasing it is an option now. I have a few questions if you don’t mind:
- Does the 3 license limit still apply? If I get a 1 master + 1 slave system, would that mean I could drive 6 scopes on three setups?
- For 1 master + 2 slave, on separate PCs, how does the communication work? Would reliable wifi/ethernet be required? Do they share image data to master, or locally? Are the guiding, etc. done on master or each node? I’m worried about latency issues since I’m using wifi for my setups.
- Is there going to be a video coming showing how to use this system? I’m unclear about configuration, etc. given the screenshots - they look great BTW!
all ok at now. Answer to your question an thanks for you interest on it.
- No, cannot be applied. License is different, custom array license are for node and can be installed only in 1 pc.Example with 1 master and 1 slave you could drive 2 setup with a shared mount (1 pc 2 instance or 2 pc).
- Communications is on LAN over TCP/IP, in case of 3 PC (if you dont want to use multi instance) you must have a switch and ethernet cables to connect the PC … or with wifi but this mean to have reliable environment. Locally all node save the data, you can manage synchronization of this directory with SyncBack or RSync or SyncTOy or equivalent. Guiding, calbration, dithering is only on master and cannot be in a different way because mount is only one. Focus is parallelized on each node. Wifi cannot have a latency, work or not better to have LAN cable … satellite connection can have latency.
- i’m writing page for wiki and i will do video, but for who purchase now i will offer remote configuration and first light like for the base version.
I understand there is no doc at now but you will have all my support as always.
Thanks to you.
Voyager Array looks really cool! Do you see any issues with using it to run a dual imaging setup where the slave camera is a widefield imager? (This would be a great way to collect data needed for Multiscale Gradient Correction; see https://pixinsight.com/tutorials/multiscale-gradient-correction/index.html .)
Will there be an upgrade path from, say, the 2 Node version to the 3 Node version?
there are users using Custom Array in Voyager with this configuration. I dont find any issues.
Really interesting the Mutiscale Gradient Correction.
To upgrade from 2 to 3 node just pay the difference between the license.
All the best
Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to trying it out,
Thank to you Rajeev, waiting to help you to setting up all !
All the best