Voyageur 2.2.1 Won't Close

Hi,

Just installed 2.2.1 and when I hit the close button Voyageur will not close. I have to do a ctrl+alt+delete to close the program?

Issue was that the C:\Users<USERNAME>\ directory was hidden, removing that solved the problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure if this makes sense. Hidden files are for preventing from people corrupting or destroying files using File Explorer.

Software apps including Voyager should easily have access to hidden files or folders and should not have issues. Something else is wrong.

Peter

If voyager don’t close mean some driver or service are in hang up . Please send to support your log to help you.

All the best
LO

I’ll do some testing today and report back.

I just hid the C:\users\bill directory on my system, and tried to reproduce this, and got this in the log, and could not close Voyager with the X:

2019/10/22 16:52:38 749 - WARNING   - [Base2                        ] - [WndProc                                      ] - Error : Access to the path 'C:\Users\bill\Documents\Voyager\Profile\Layout.xml' is denied. - Message : msg=0x10 (WM_CLOSE) hwnd=0x4f05a0 wparam=0x0 lparam=0x0 result=0x0
2019/10/22 16:52:38 939 - WARNING   - [Base2                        ] - [WndProc                                      ] - Error : Access to the path 'C:\Users\bill\Documents\Voyager\Profile\Layout.xml' is denied. - Message : msg=0x10 (WM_CLOSE) hwnd=0x4f05a0 wparam=0x0 lparam=0x0 result=0x0
2019/10/22 16:52:39 120 - WARNING   - [Base2                        ] - [WndProc                                      ] - Error : Access to the path 'C:\Users\bill\Documents\Voyager\Profile\Layout.xml' is denied. - Message : msg=0x10 (WM_CLOSE) hwnd=0x4f05a0 wparam=0x0 lparam=0x0 result=0x0
2019/10/22 16:52:40 048 - WARNING   - [Base2                        ] - [WndProc                                      ] - Error : Access to the path 'C:\Users\bill\Documents\Voyager\Profile\Layout.xml' is denied. - Message : msg=0x10 (WM_CLOSE) hwnd=0x4f05a0 wparam=0x0 lparam=0x0 result=0x0
2019/10/22 16:52:40 238 - WARNING   - [Base2                        ] - [WndProc                                      ] - Error : Access to the path 'C:\Users\bill\Documents\Voyager\Profile\Layout.xml' is denied. - Message : msg=0x10 (WM_CLOSE) hwnd=0x4f05a0 wparam=0x0 lparam=0x0 result=0x0
2019/10/22 16:52:40 423 - WARNING   - [Base2                        ] - [WndProc                                      ] - Error : Access to the path 'C:\Users\bill\Documents\Voyager\Profile\Layout.xml' is denied. - Message : msg=0x10 (WM_CLOSE) hwnd=0x4f05a0 wparam=0x0 lparam=0x0 result=0x0
2019/10/22 16:52:40 603 - WARNING   - [Base2                        ] - [WndProc                                      ] - Error : Access to the path 'C:\Users\bill\Documents\Voyager\Profile\Layout.xml' is denied. - Message : msg=0x10 (WM_CLOSE) hwnd=0x4f05a0 wparam=0x0 lparam=0x0 result=0x0

I went and removed the hidden flag, and Voyager closed just fine.

Tested again, just changing the Voyager folder in Documents, and the same condition occurred.

Interesting. I would be interested in what Leo finds. How did the folders or files get hidden in the first place?

Peter

That I have no idea. Obviously in the testing, I did it. On Tony’s machine I am not sure.

I did the same test as Bill and I got the same result by setting the Profile folder to “hidden” and I was not able to close Voyager by clicking on “X” at upper right. Then I disabled “hidden” for Profile folder and was able to close Voyager.

Peter

Yeah this was the oddest situation I had ever seen.

Voyager cannot be protect to this kind of actions.

Hidden the documents directory is not a good thing so, problem is at windows management level in windows message pump, i’ll change something to avoid continuos saving but this mean you lost all setting about windows in Voyager.

In a normal use of your OS this cannot happen.
Thanks for investigate on.

If you can send to me version of OS i send to Microsoft a bug report about … i dont think hidden a directory can throw an exception on saving application file. Also because in documents folder 99% of applications leave their data.

All the best
LO

1 Like

Hi Leo,

I’m using Windows 10 Home Edition.

Thanks Tom, please let me know the build, look at this link to report it to me:

Can you confirm now you are ok after unhidden directory ?

All the best
Leo

1 Like

Here on my main desktop I have 1809, but am installing 1903 now to see if the problem remains. I will let you know.

Mine is Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 Pro desktop and both use version 1903 Build 18362.418. Both computers have same hidden Profile directory and files issues as Bill.

Peter

1 Like

Hi,

Bill (RockStarBill) took the time to resolve my issues via Team Viewer (can’t thank him enough!! I would never have figured it out :))

I am showing Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.805).

Tony

1 Like

No change with 1903, as Peter noted here.