Web Dashboard not shutting down?

I occasionally get the following message when I close Voyager and re-open it. Any way to force the “server” to halt?

17:01:10 353 - [004] Cannot start Client Listener on port 5950 : Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
17:01:10 353 - [001] Cannot Run Server Container (Port=5950) : Cannot Start Listener : Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

Web dashboard is inside the Voyager Process so nothing to force to end…if Voyager is closed the webdashboard doesn’t exists anymore. Another process is running is the only explanation or process is locked by OS socket inspection (antivirus / defender)

All the best
Leonardo

It seems to only happen when I start Voyager from the command line:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Voyager\Voyager2.exe” /run:“C:\Users\admin\Documents\Voyager\Script\LoadDefaultQHY163Profile.vos”

After I shutdown Voyager, and restart it, I get:

Cannot Start WWW server : Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

If I start Voyager from the shortcut installed by Voyager, I have no issues shutting down and restarting.

There is no A/V on my telescope computer and windows defender has been disabled.

You cannot disable defender in all parts. be sure the process doesn’t start with another OS users.
In this case you have 2 process running.

Please do not use forum for official support but the dedicated service, we do not offer support by forum:

OK - will do.

Found the solution - worth leaving in Wiki/Forum. When you use the built-in wireless hotspot in Windows so you can access the computer in the field, the Voyager WebDashboard is available on both networks, you need to terminate the hotspot before restarting Voyager otherwise it takes the socket.

1 Like

This is an OS bug … how can Windows retain a socket if the process with server is not running !

Good point, but at least we have a work-around. :slight_smile:

I cannot do anything application side but I checked in various Win10 and I do not see the problem, which OS you have and updated version ?

This happens when Voyager has started an external application and that application is still running after you close Voyager. Apparently the child processes inherit socket handles from Voyager process.

So just make sure that you manually close any processes which were started by Voyager and the port will be free again.

Vitali