6 tile mosaic of Antares region

Hi,

This project was planned and executed with Voyager. The mosaic planning was very easy and it worked perfectly, The processing is little harsh because I wanted to bring out all the dark nebulae around the zone.

Image details:

• Mount CGEM
  • OTA FSQ106 at f/3
  • Camera Atik11000
  • Filters RGB Astrodon
  • 38x10min R, 39x10min G, 41x10min B
  • Planned and captured with Starkeeper’s Voyager
  • Processed with Pixinsight and Astropixel Preprocessor

Cheers,

José

11 Likes

Wowsers! That’s an incredible amount of detail. The image really pops. Congratulations.

Glenn

1 Like

Thanks Glenn!

Clear skies,

José

Amazing result Jose :sunglasses: :+1:

Roberto

1 Like

Thanks Roberto.

Clear skies,

José

Wow: beautiful work, great field and colors, congrats…

1 Like

Wonderful José, congratulations … you take me back at era of Rogelio’s imaging.
When a lot of talented AP doing the pioneer for what today are normal tasks.

Congratulations … new APOD incoming !

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Outstanding image!
Waiting for new APOD.

Francesco

1 Like

Thanks Roberto! The colors turned out nice. I did a photmetric color calibration on each panel before stitching them together.

Leo,

Thanks for the very generous comment. I do remember the time you are referring to.

I was worry about not being able to finish the mosaic this year because the subs in the tiles were not balanced, for instance in one tile I had just 2 Blue frames, but nevertheless I started processing and to my surprise the colors and overall image turned out really nice. I guess 9um pixels and F3 optics have something to do :slight_smile:

This is a nice example of the power of Voyager Webtool planning + execution engine. The planning was super easy and the execution was completely unattended. My job was reduced to manually tweak Dragscript to balance the tiles progress and the image processing.

Thanks for the excellent software!

Cheers,

José

2 Likes

Thanks Francesco! Voyager Webtool made this project possible :wink:

Cheers,

José

1 Like

A stunning image, Jose. Congratulations.

Eric

Thanks Eric!
Cheers,
José

Lovely, I was trying for a similar mosaic around Antares as well but this winters weather (Australia) has defeated me for the season. I will try again next year.

Thanks. This is a gorgeous area of the sky it is not very high from my location but with some care you can eliminate the gradients. I really hope you can visit it next season.

Cheers

I am lucky here, it passes almost directly overhead and I am in a pretty dark area, but the weather has been awful this winter. I have not imaged anything for the last two months.

And you are right, it is a gorgeous area to image. I was aiming to cover about half the area you have imaged there but it is really hard to decide where to start and stop!

Yeah, you can continue expanding the FOV as much as you like, it is hard to stop. Since the beginning of the season I planned for 6 tiles and I almost regret it because I had just a handful of subs for one pane. It sucks when you have to wait one year to complete a project.

Cheers,

Amazing work, José.
Un saludo

Muchas gracias,
José

Incredible effort. Congratulations…

Jon