Alternatively an interesting feature could be to let the user choose the level of info displayed in the log window independently of the log file.
I have been using Voyager for more than a year and I still stare at the log window for hours just to observe voyager do it’s magic but I find it hard to understanding what’s happening because 1) it goes to fast, 2) many lines are not very usefull like frame download during robofocus routine and 3) some lines are not making sense to me like the dome related messages when I dont have a dome.
A minimal setting could look like
- Sequence Started
- Meridian flip delayed by 30 minutes - will flip in 2h45
- Slewing to Target X
- PlateSolving Successfull after 2 iterations. Error is 0,12 arc sec
- Choosing and slewing to focus Star
- PlateSolving Successfull after 1 iteration. Error is 0,14 arc sec
- Robofocus routine started
- Focus successfull at 45876 HFD 2.21, will refocus in 6 frames
- Slewing to target
- Platesolve successfull after 2 iterations. Error is 0,12 arc sec
- Guiding started
- Frame acquisition started
- Frame # 1 of 10 completed Guiding RMS is 0,46 arcsec.
- Dithering started
- Dithering setling time (20 sec) expired. Acquisition will resume
- and so on… you get the idea
I understand Voyager is an automation software and the log window is not made to be stared at all the time but understanding what’s going on is part of the pleasure.
While we are at it. It would be fantastic to have a search field on top of the log window so we can type in keyword and the log windows is filtered and showing only the lines with the keyword.