Altitude Feature Requests

I suspect this may have been asked already, but not sure. Because of my crazy horizon consisting of trees to the East and my own roofline to the west, I use altitude limits all the time to start and finish sequences. I have a horizon map I created in Astro-Physics APPC and for each target, I slew to it befire I create my sequence and then use my East/West buttons to move the scope while I’m watching my horizon map to see exactly what the altitude is when the object clears the trees and when it reaches my roofline. I then use these values to start/finish a sequence. It would be nice if Voyager could read in my horizon data and use that do I didn’t have to do a by-target manual process.

A second related lower importance feature would be to image Target 1 until it either reached my roofline or when another Target 2 to the East clears that tree line.

Thanks for your consideration!

Wayne

1 Like

Wayne,

This type of feature would be very appealing to me since I, too, have very complex horizons on all sides.

Usually, on the first night of imaging a target, I note the altitude when it rises to clear my eastern obstructions and then I let the sequence go until it fails due to the target meeting the roof of my house. The next day, I find the subframe just before the roof can be seen and I note the hour angle. I go back to my DragScript and put in a line for “wait altitude” according to what was determined the night before, and I change the sequence to exit when the target reaches the hour angle noted from the previous night. It’s a little tedious but it works well enough for multiple-night projects.

Regards,

Glenn

Thanks Glenn - good idea. How do you test for failure at the roofline, autoguiding failure ?

Right, that’s an auto guiding failure.

Hello Wayne,

this request is not new but this is a feature of planetarium stuff, I think HA can be a valid alternative.

All the best
Leonardo