Another Meridian flip Question

I have everything working with Voyager except one issue, the pier flip.
I have uncovered an issue with my Sitech Controller with tracking past the Meridian. It can be setup to do this, but I have found a problem with my setup that wont allow it. Basically what happens if I set it to track x deg past the Meridian, when the mount crosses the Meridian the controller is doing something with the mount model and creates a tracking error, and the tracking stops. If I change the actual meridian limits, the mount will track past the meridian however when the Goto command is sent after the delay, the target hasn’t crossed the limit and the flip isn’t done. I am working with the Sitech guys to try and fix this. NOT a voyager problem… Coming from ACP, the flip was done by pausing the script at the meridian to let the target cross, then issue the Goto and the mount would flip. I was imaging for years with that therefore never knew I had a problem.
I still have 2 options to deal with the meridian that work.

I can have the mount do a “Auto Track flip” when the mount is tracking and reaches the Meridian, it will do the flip on its own. I have tried this and failed… (I probably didn’t have the settings correct) What happened was when the mount did its own flip, PHD of course threw huge guiding errors that caused the sequence to terminate, again probably my fault.

The second is: I can set the mount to stop the tracking AT the meridian. I’m not sure how Voyager would handle this or what the settings would be. The mount is capable of Auto flip on Goto. If the tracking is stopped at the meridian, is there a way to set a delay in Voyager to allow the target to cross the meridian then issue a goto and the mount will flip? If so how would I deal with the guiding errors that PHD will throw so it doesn’t terminate the sequence?

I have read the wiki (many times) and all the posts I could find, none seem to fit. This again is a problem with MY Sitech setup and not Voyager. If my setup didn’t have this problem, the interaction would be simple. I am working with Dan to get this resolved, but until then Is there a way to do it? Clear nights are few and far between in the NE, and my observatory is ready to run except for the flip issue.
Thanks,
Paul

if mount stop tracking at meridian cross zero time this is a problem, if a goto after meridian is asked by voyager and mount do not flip this is a problem. What to do is to ask to mount to allow crossing meridian by some minutes and allow the goto after meridian cross to flip the mount. Usually all the mounts do this.

If your mount have problem you can do flip externally (directly from your mount) and activate the external flip management in sequence configuration ABORT Exposure if Meridian Flip occurs outside Voyager and FORCE EXECUTE Meridian Flip Operations::
https://wiki.starkeeper.it/index.php/Sequence_Configuration#Meridian_Flip_Tab

If you are in the conditions asked:

Voyager will stop the exposure and doing the task necessary after a flip, guiding included.

All the best
Leonardo

P.S. I know users using sitech and doing meridian flip in voyager without problem but I dont know the settings. Sitech have modified some years ago the driver to avoid problem with Voyager.

Thanks Leonardo,
Until I get the problem worked out with my Sitech, the mount cant be set to track past the Meridian. The mount will do an auto flip when it gets to the Meridian, and I did try that with the settings you recommended.
The problem I encountered was when the mount did the flip, the guiding in PHD showed large errors as the flip started, and that is what caused the sequence to terminate. I will look into PHD settings, I thought I read somewhere that you can stop guiding when the mount slews.
I’ll give it a try tonight…

After a meridian flip guide calibration must be redone, if you have the calibrate guide flag checked in Voyager sequence this will be done automatically.

Otherwise you need to connect mount also to PHD2 (if your driver allow multi client) and store calibration one time using the flag in PHD2 settings. Depends on your system and resolution … using only one calibration can be a way.

All the best
Leonardo

What about a dragscript solution with two sequences. Image under the first sequence until hour angle = 0 with the exit constraint in the dragscript, not the sequence. Have it exit to a wait block that waits for five or ten minutes before starting a second sequence in the script (Which could still call the same actual sequence as the first one) at which time the goto request should result in a flip?