Arduino Flat Panel?

Voyager manages so many flat devices, status is not always consistent with the devices so Voyager not update it. Just work with it, status is not necessary to operate.

I tested in Voyager 2.2.14h all the version inside this thread also the last 2 from Miguel.
All works.

Thank you so much
Leonardo

That’s great Leo, allows more options for users to choose. Thanks for adding this!

Best
Miguel

How about the ASCOM version?

Hi @iwannabswiss have you tested the ASCOM version with Voyager ?

Leo,

I did another cover device (for my guidescope), but instead of using a original arduino, I did use a clone version (cheaper and it does basically the same), and for some reason it doesn’t work. Actually I had to install a driver for the chipset so it could be recognized on Windows and a correct COM Port could be assigned to it. Any possibility to support this clone chipset on a future release?

Thanks
Miguel

Hi Miguel,

what is before COM port opening is not under Voyager control, so you must have installed the driver for the chipset you are using in your device. After if you use the same COM settings in terms of bauds, parity etc and you will use the same protocol of the other arduino flat (that is full documented) you can use the actual control ready in Voyager for Arduino Flat Device.

All the best
Leonardo

Leo,

you’re right, I actually installed and it was not working. Reboot and voilá!! it is detected. Thanks for the prompt response!

Miguel

Leo,

About the flat devices, any chance to have the reported status of the cover displayed in voyager. I initially thought it was due to the arduino panel I’m using, but then I used the cover calibrator simulator in ascom and it just reports when moving, that’s all. Same applied for the brightness.

Thanks
Miguel

Hi Miguel,

Voyager is a system integrator and have a lot of flat devices managed, many of this doesn’t report the data you ask or report wrong data or when asked for get this info have driver crash or doing bad operations. For this reason I decide to not report the data. The best solution with those devices is already to set what you need and not trusting the status.

Remember that Voyager manage the time for flat but also the brightness if you have it variable from driver. So what you need in this case is switch on the light and open the cover.

All the best
Leonardo