in Voyager error is reported in monitor in RED and warning in YELLOW. RED error mean stop of actions. YELLOW means a series of retry will be done or just a warning about something that not goes in the right way but is not blocking. There are other colors but not for what you asked.
HFD not reached is a WARNING, the RoboFire read an HFD value too much different from the one expected and calculated before to send the focuser at request point.
Percentage of HFD allowed can be configured here ( Max HFD Error for Algorithm to find Top, Start and Near Focus:):
How to reduce the warning (after 3 retries the action will be aborted , in the sequence mean no focus):
- Default value of the previous mentioned parameter is 5%, depends on your system you can go up to 12%. Put directly at 12% not more
- your focuser have a slippage, check the weight / mechanics and screw up the thing include friction if you have
- your focuser have a big backlash not included in the RoboFire Settings, set the backlash
- your focuser have backlash and you have configured in driver but also in RoboFire (only in one place and better soluton is in RoboFire due to the AI support)
- you have configured backlash in the same direction used for the focus (direction for focus at gravity , backlash direction against gravity)
- your focuser motor have discrete interval of position with granularity greater than 1, this must be asked to the focuser support. Use this parameter to set the minimum discrete interval Focuser Position Check Tolerance [-/+] : AutoFocus Setup - Voyager Wiki
- seeing or wind condition, tracking, shape of star from optic do not allow good recognition of stars
The last, true if you done a mistake in first light wizard or have changed optic or added optic elements or changed the focuser or gear of focuser:
- VCurve in RoboFire settings is not good, redo the first light wizard
I hope this help.
All the best