Can't connect to Pulsar dome over ASCOM

Hi all

Just getting set up and mount is fine with Voyager but my ASCOM dome (pulsar) has an error on connect. The Pulsar dome s/w works fine on the same machine so I’m a bit lost! I’ll attach a picture and maybe some can point me in the right direction.

I can control the dome with the ASCOM pulsar windows driver on Windows home 10 - just can’t do it through voyager. Everything is up to date driver wise too.

Maybe I can’t attach a pic! I’ll transcribe it!

ASCOM Dome
ASCOM.Pulsar Observatories Dome. Dome
Connect Error => Ched.DotNetExceptions
ASCOM.Pulsar Observatories Dome.Dome ConnectedSet
System.10.10Exception: The port ‘COM1’ does not exist,
atSystem.IO.Ports.InteralResources.WinIOError(Int32
errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.Ports. SerlalStream,.ctor (String portName, Int32
baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32
readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake,
Boolean tEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNul, Byte
parityReplace)
at System. IO.Ports.Seria/Port. OpenO
at
ASCOM.Pulsar_ Observatories Dome.Dome.set_ Connected(B.
value) (See Inner Exception for details)

It says the port COM1 doesn’t exist but this is the same driver that works with the pulsar software - so a bit stumped!

Thanks!

I see a similar post here:

https://forum.starkeeper.it/t/dome-issue-with-skyroof-ascom-driver/707/5

But I’ve kept the pulsar dome s/w open at the same to no difference. I’ll check the COM1 exists - the actual pulsar software is connected via USB. I’m no Windows expert!

UPDATE:
COM3 and 4 exist as USB Serial ports. So there is no COM1 as such. The Pulsar dome s/w connects from the USB of laptop to its control box via USB.

Is there a way to force Voyager to do that?

UPDATE: Thinking out loud is the way to go!

I changed the COM port to 3 on the ASCOM driver on the setup in Voyager and hey presto.

All working!

It’s warned me about the driver not give me the longitude so beware meridian flips - perhaps there’s an option to fix your longitude? It was in reference to the dome - so surely that’s a fixed number?

This looks good software!

Please, do not use forum for support request. use the official support channel

We do not offer official support by forum.

All the best
Leonardo

Your mount driver do not report longitude, this is why you receive this message.
Please send an email and the log to support, we need to understand which mount you are using and if there is misconfiguration