[Daily Build] Voyager 2.2.13a1 version ready

Ready to download the daily build 2.2.13a1 of Voyager:

NEW => Added SYNC Rotator management with offset calculation via Voyager or via ASCOM Interface Version 3
NEW => Added Manual SYNC Rotator command button in Rotator Widget of Commands column
NEW => DragScript -> New ROTATOR SYNC block added to synchronize the PA of the rotator with an input value or the content of a decimal variable
NEW => DragScript -> A new PLATE SOLVING WITH MOUNT AND ROTATOR SYNC block has been added to synchronize the rotator and the mount together with the plate solving of the current position
NEW => DragScript -> Added a new BLIND SOLVING WITH MOUNT AND ROTATOR SYNC block to synchronize the rotator and the mount at the same time as the plate solving of the current position
NEW => DragScript -> A new WEB SOLVING WITH MOUNT AND ROTATOR SYNC block has been added to synchronize the rotator and the mount together with the plate solving of the current position
NEW => DragScript -> A new PLATE SOLVING WITH ROTATOR SYNC block has been added to synchronize the rotator and the mount together with the plate solving of the current position
NEW => DragScript -> A new BLIND SOLVING WITH ROTATOR SYNC block has been added to synchronize the rotator and the mount at the same time as the plate solving of the current position
NEW => DragScript -> A new WEB SOLVING WITH ROTATOR SYNC block has been added to synchronize the rotator and the mount together with the plate solving of the current position
NEW => DragScript -> A new PRECISE POINTìG MOUNT & ROTATOR block has been added to precisely aim an object including managing the rotator and any rotation error control
NEW => Inserted new action Precise Pointing Target Coords and Position Angle to carry out the precise aiming of an object including the management of the rotator and any rotation error control
NEW => Added RemotePrecisePointTargetAndPA remote command to remotely perform precise targeting of an object including rotator management and possible rotation error control
BUG => The calculation of the PA of the solving performed with NOVA Astrometry.NET derived from the orientation was not correctly compensated

We will update the wiki n the next hours, we kindly need testers about rotator functions and precise pointing of mount & PA, please contact us in PM or by email. (better is who have asked for this features)

In the next daily build we will expand these features to the Sequence after the feedback about manual and DragScript commands.

Daily Build is declared potentially unstable … download the last official release version to come back.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Excellent news! Looking forward to testing it.

Do you want to stress a particular feature in the testing? I will have 5 straight days of clear skies this week and I will be using the new rotator functionality.

Cheers,

José

Fantastic, Leo! I am one who has been requesting this feature and cannot wait to try it out. The forecast calls for clouds tonight but maybe I will get lucky. Thanks again for taking the time to implement this.

Regards,

Glenn

I’m not able to update the wiki and now is too late for me … going to sleep (I just finished to solve the packaging problem). Tomorrow (for me) I will update wiki.

What to test, before I release the 2.2.13b with Sequence managing the new rotator features:

• all the new block plate and solve with sync. Now Voyager manage sync of rotator to align PA of rotator to PA of the SKY, background of PA angle in widget will be yellow if you are using offset due to a sync. Pratically after solve if you use sync manually or in action PA of rotator will be update with the PA of the solve image, Voyager or ASCOM (for who have Rotator interface ASCOM 3 (ASCOM 6.5) and the driver with right development) will manage an offset to apply constantly to PA mechanical rotator. This offset is stored in profile if managed by Voyager or in ASCOM setting for who have new ASCOM interface driver. Voyager will check automatically your driver to understand if you can use internal offset or ASCOM offset.

• Precise pointing, you have now rotator new features, you will found a new dragscript block and a new onthefly button to start precise pointing with mount and rotator sync (previous action remain fro who not have rotator). New precise pointing will move rotator after each goto of mount if necessary and before solve and if you choose sync rotator will check the solved PA and sync rotator and understand if another rotation is need to enter in the tollerance (a+/-180 flag allow Voyager to accept exact PA asked or +180 value (flip)). At finish of the new precise pointing you must have target centered and PA correct. At each rotation and/or goto of mount Voyager will recheck the PA and the target center error at same time.

Please check if this new features (especially the precise pointing mount and rotator sync) do what I tell you.

A lot depends on how your plate/blind solve system report the PA value and how Voyager fix it, for example during test I must fix Astrometry.net PA result to be aligned to all the other system. Should happen (i hope no) that in case of wrong PA solved you will have wrong PA in the sky of target but Voyager follow the PA you asked correctly, in this case the precise pointing work fine but solved PA must be validated better in Voyager.

Please let me know, if you have more questions … use this thread.
Problem is … I dont have a rotator to test directly on the sky … just developed using simulator

What I can assure is the usual professional code writing for reliability in what I developed …

When all is tested I’ll reverse the new features to the Sequence action … wil be really fast thing and will be on the next daily build.

Thank you so much
Leonardo

1 Like

OK potentially another bug? Whenever an action of “precise GoTo” is issued (or equilavent one, like GoTo to a suitable focus star), it stuck at exposure–>solving–>exposure–>solving loop, and never get out… Is it just me or someone else experiencing the same?

I reverted back to 2.2.13 and no such issue anymore.

i Just tell you I changed the precise pointing… and I cannot test it under the sky. If you don’t send to me the log you not help on daily build process.

Thank to Martin for the log, a new version of Daily build fixing the empass , 2.2.13a1:

1 Like

Published the changing and documentation on the wiki:

All the best
Leonardo