Deep Sky Dad AF3

Has anyone setup an AF3 focuser for their Redcat 51. I have installed the ascom driver and using the AF3 console or hand controller I can move the focus in or out but Voyager does not seem to want to do this. If you could share your configuration screen that would be fantastic.

Hi there I also tried to use the AF3 in Voyager with the FMA180 a few months ago, but the initial v-curve always failed for me. I thought it might be excessive backlash, but I have not tried that combination again since.

That night I was able to get v-curves in another software. I will try again soon in Voyager and will make sure I am happy with the backlash on the belt before trying. Voyager has worked flawlessly with every other focuser I have.

If the focuser have an ASCOM driver there are not problem on using it on Voyager.
BUT, if the focuser have an ASCOM driver but work only on relative mode this make it not compatible with Voyager.

No configuration to do, just select the focuser driver . Option and setting about ASCOM is something you can read directly in the Focuser documentations. If focuser driver use a serial port you can obtain from the resource manager of youw windows OS.

VCurve is something different and involved there is also the telescope you are using. Backlash and slippage are something to take in account and fix/set to prevent problems.

All the best
Leonardo