Detecting analog inputs on Vellemann 110n I/O board

Hi,

I am using a Vellemann 110n I/O board with Viking to control my observatory. Various actions are controlled by relays driven by the Digital Out channels, and I monitor some observatory states using the Digital In channels. I can see these Digital In channels in the Viking tab of Voyager, and attach various actions - Emergency Exit etc.

I would like to take advantage of the two analog inputs on the Vellemann board. I can see these in the Viking interface and can measure values. I would like to have Voyager take action on certain input conditions. How do I make the results that Viking can detect visible to Voyager to trigger an Emergency Exit?

Further thoughts. Can I do it in Dragscript? There is an Analog In element, but this only waits until input is in a specific range for x seconds. What I would like to do is have the input state be monitored continuously, and trigger an Event when the input is in range for x seconds.

Voyager check the Viking digital inputs you select to raise emergency / resume events. You can create a little electric circuit to read the input signal and send to a digital input to your I/O Card according some logic.

https://wiki.starkeeper.it/index.php/Viking_Setup#Viking_Setup_Workspace

Otherwise you must ask for a custom development for adding analog input supervision in Voyager or if you are a developer you can create a plugin using the Voyager application server and the APIs to create a text safety file to read in Voyager and like source the analog input in VIking.

Thank you. That is clear. I will find a way to generate a digital signal. A simple comparator circuit should do it.

Yes exactly an OPAMP in comparator configuration are really cheap and do the job.
The integration of signal in Voyager will help you to avoid bumping

opamp-opamp105

The Vellemann 110n I/O board has two built-in ADCs that can convert analog voltages to digital values. These ADCs can be accessed through the parallel port connector on the board. You can use a software program to read the digital values from the ADCs and then convert them to the desired units (e.g., volts, temperature, etc.).