Exit sequence if Target is below this Altitude

My observing program is based on Declination arcs, meaning, when the target is above a certain altitude in the eastern sky then the sequence is started (start of declination arc) and when it drops below a certain altitude in the western sky then the sequence is ended (end of declination arc).
The ending altitude is determined based on when the next sequence will begin. Usually this is when the next target is at -3 hours from the meridian (eastern sky). What this means is for each target the ending altitude is greater than the starting altitude. For example, the starting altitude may be 45 degrees (in the eastern sky) but the ending altitude may be 50 degrees (in the western sky).
So what happens is when the sequence is started (in the eastern sky at 45 degrees), the sequence immediately ends because the altitude is less than the ending altitude of 50 degrees.
Can we change this so that if the altitude direction is increasing then the ending condition is ignored. But if the altitude direction is decreasing then the ending condition is honored.
In my case, when I start at 45 degrees in the eastern sky the altitude direction is increasing and even though it is less than 50 degrees the sequence will continue. After the meridian crossing where the altitude direction is now decreasing, when the altitude reaches 50 degrees the sequence will now end.

Craig

Hello Craig,

actually you can choose for altitude looking at one value. Also you can choose for an interval. But cannot decide to have one value for before meridian and one for after. I can add this new feature.

All the best
Leo

My idea was to use DragScript to start the script if above an altitude and then in the sequence to end the sequence if below an altitude. But currently, if you try to start the sequence where the altitude is below the end sequence altitude then the sequence will not run. So what I need is the end sequence if below an altitude to only occur if in the western sky.

Craig

Dragscript have DO IF ALTITUDE or WAIT ALTITUDE block, in the first case execute block inside only if the constraints it satisfied … in the second case a wait task will be running until altitude is out of constraint conditions. Just use what you need.

All the best
LO

In the Sequence tab of the Sequence Configuration window there is this item:

Exit sequence if Target is below this Altitude

How would this be used if tracking a star in the eastern sky since the altitude is always increasing?

Craig

If you start sequence on wrong time this is a lot useful !

If you work only before meridian this setting is not usefull … if you working after meridian or you simple using all sides of meridian this setting is useful … you can decide to stop sequence without allow target to reach to lower altitude.

Anyway this setting is optional.

All the best
LO

So if in eastern sky this setting should be ignored by the software. Software should only use it if in western sky. Correct?

No, is not ignored ! If target is below altitude sequence exit. Not depends on meridian side

Can you change the software so it is ignored if the telescope is pointing in the eastern sky?

I want to start the sequence in the eastern sky, the sequence tracks three hours and then does a meridian flip, it tracks three more hours and now the altitude is below the altitude setting and the sequence stops.

Craig

Yes . like i wrote before. No problem

Very good … thank you Leo.