File Pattern - $$FRAMENR not incrementing

Voyager version: 2.2.14n
In my sequence I select “Use FILE PATTERN”
In Setup I set File Pattern: $$DATE$$$$TARGETNAME$$$$FILTER$$$$FRAMENR$$

The first image is named correctly as 0001.fit
But the second image generates this warning message: File Name Changed to Avoid Overwrite (Duplicate Name -> PLEASE Fix Naming Pattern=>0001.FIT

What it means is the $$FRAMENR$$ value is not incrementing, it should have been 0002.FIT.

How do I fix this?

Craig

Craig please use support channels.
Send to us log , your sequence file config and your profile file.
Frame increasing automatically inside sequence but if you restart sequence number restart from 1
You have choose only date so all file will be the same name if frame nr not change and date not change (day month year) or if you restart the sequence, Voyager will transform name to avoid overwrite

All the best
Leonardo

Hi Leo,
Where do I find the support channels? Is that part of this Forum or separate URL?

Craig

I found the problem. In the sequence I had the Repeat field set to 1 and the Repeat Times as 10. This resulted in 10 images with the FRAMENR value not changing (always 0001). But, if I changed this to repeat field = 10 and turn off Repeat Times then it worked correctly. FRAMENR incremented for each image.
I think this should be changed so that each image recorded to disk increments the FRAMENR number.
Craig

Problem is the only date is not enough to change and have a unique name use the $$DATETIME$$ or $$DATE$$ and $$TIME$$ or $$VOYDATETIME$$

In anycase its only a warning you do not lost anything

Correct. But if I start a sequence, which is going to Repeat the sequence say 10 times, then the FRAMENR is useful in showing me the sequence of the frames. I guess I could remove FRAMENR from the File Name and insert Time instead.
Or, we could have another variable say $$SEQNO$$ which would then show the sequence and the frame number within the sequence.
Craig

This is a good idea … thanks ! I add this immediatly because i’m releasing now the 2.2.15

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Something like this: Sequence repeat field for slot 1 would be “1”. The Sequence Mode Repeat checkbox is checked and the repeat count set to 5. In setup the FileName pattern would be: $$SEQNO$$_$$FRAMENR$$.
When the sequence is run the filenames would be:
01-0001.FIT
02-0001.FIT
03-0001.FIT
04-0001.FIT
05-0001.FIT
Craig

2 Likes

Leo, the file naming feature is absolutely wonderful. Thank you heaps for adding this.

Craig

2 Likes

I was unable to implement this on the new release due to the tight schedule. I put it in the first daily build of 2.2.15 that comes out

1 Like

like promised, i fix the frame number because was a bug and introduced some new patterns.

Thank for all Craig
Leonardo

2 Likes

Thanks Leo, that looks perfect and adds a lot of flexibility in file naming. I really appreciate all the work you have done on this and before Christmas.
Craig

1 Like

Thank you, you are welcome.

All the best
Leonardo