Filter status indicator?

i apologize for what may be a silly question.

Is there a way to see what camera filter is currently selected? I see that there is a way to send a filter change request in the command pane but I see no filter status indicator.

Thanks,

Glenn

There are no silly questions! Well maybe some, but not this one :slight_smile:

I just look in the monitor window - it shows the filter currently in use - here’s what I’m doing right now :slight_smile:

It wouldn’t be a bad thing to add to one of the status windows, though.

Cheers,
Rowland

1 Like

Thanks, Rowland.

I found that information in the monitor but was hoping there was a more obvious location. I agree it would be great to have a filter indicator in the status window. Maybe colored circles for LRGB and circles with Ha, OIII, SII for narrowband? Whatever conveys the information with maximal clarity and concision.

Best,

Glenn

Dear Glenn, there’s a technical reason about. Some camera control doesn’t report filter selected. Convention in the camera control (not from Voyager) is that the filter is changed when an exposure start (like TheSkyX). Also if you ask for filter change the filter doesn’t change. Some camera also have this behavior (like Moravian) … All this factor can induce wrong info. Anyway in Voyager you cannot do exposure without indicate the filter to use. This make system stable.

Just for info, for implementing the filter selector in the Command box in Voyager i need to shot a dummy exposure.

Voyager is a system integrator, this mean in addition to internal camera control use external camera control. Interface to final user must be the same for user indipendently on what camera system control they use (internal or external).

If you like to know wich is the filter used during shot in the status i can add.

All the best
LO

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation, Leo.

It usually takes me a few moments to find the filter information in the monitor area. Graphically indicating the filter in use during an exposure in the status area would be great. Thanks for considering it.

Best,

Glenn

Plus 1 :slight_smile:
Harry

1 Like

Working with Voyager, I was really looking for my filters, would be nice… I do see it when exposing but nice to know what it’s currently at or thinks it’s at…

1 Like

In the CCD Command Control box you can choose filter if you want to be sure wich filter is on the wheel. Also VOyager cannot do any operation on CCD without specifications of filter to use. This allow filters selection reliable.

For your info about
LO