FLI CCD Native Driver

The SkyX plugin doesn’t seem to do any dummy shots that I am aware of when it changes modes.

I must investigate on it with the FLI log

1 Like

If you need any debug or logging data let me know and I can run my camera.

ok thank you, I also have Mike cameras around the world

1 Like

Some advance, now all work also with the new FLI wheel native control:

Adding now the RBI support

2 Likes

Bill are you that tell me about a problem on some application for FLI camera when they change Readout mode ?

Yes Harmuts ASCOM driver had problems changing modes. It would leave artifacts in the image or sometimes result in a completely blank image. Same thing happened with the beta driver from FLI that never got finished.

Thanks @rockstarbill

Ok, i’ve introduced a fast dark to clean the electronics and buffers. Now is configurable on native driver settings.

Also I decided to go for Readoutmode representation used in Maxim and TheSkyX , for example ML8300 have only “8MHz” mode but i have doubled all mode adding a RBI options. The mode become “8MHz” and “8MHz RBI”.

Other question about RBI flush, I discover that newer firmware camera can do internally in background the flush after flooding, this fastness really all. But old firmware camera doesn’t have this and flush must be done by Voyager. Maxim and theskyx doesn’t use thisnew way to run.

May you confirm about this ? Have you more info ?

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of that. I’ve only used RBI via SkyX and it takes a long time. If there’s a new way that’s faster that would be incredible.

I assume FLIGrab software does this new way too?

Where is this software ?

It installs when you install the Windows driver package. Should be on your computer already.

Thank you I will look for.
Tested the ROI and various binning and also the multi camera with access from 2 different application at same time, nice piece of software the FLI library

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

I am getting overly excited Leo! :slight_smile: Dont make me wait too much longer. LOL!

I kid, I kid… I know you will make the driver perfectly.

I’m on the way to finish …

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Last test …

1 Like
1 Like

Hello, on my FLI 16200 camera I’m getting amp glow for one frame out of two. It is really odd. As Understand it, the " Do One Cleaning Image After Raw Readoutmode Change" would not have any effect as the readout mode doesn’t change (if no autofocus or plate solve).
RBU mitigation could help but is likely very time consuming. What is a mystery to me is the one out of two. I’m hoping that rockstarbill can provide some guidance on how he has set-up his FLI.

One more question. The Wiki indicates " * RBI Enabled: switch to off you you dont want to use the RBI and dont want to retrieve the Reaadout Mode dedicated to RBI (advice is to leave ON and just not use RBI mode in various shot configuration)". What is the RBI mode in shot configuration ?
Thank you

https://wiki.starkeeper.it/index.php/Camera_Setup#FLI_CCD_Native_Driver

yes correct

About your report I have a FLI ML8300 and I dont see what you have reported. I dont use RBI.

Readout Mode is doubled with flag for RBI in the list , if camera report 8Mhz you will have 8Mhz and 8Mhz RBI , if you use 8Mhz only RBI will not be activated, if you use 8Mhz RBI … RBI will be used. This is useful, for example you can decide to use 8Mhz (without RBI) only for focus and plate solve shot and use 8Mhz RBI only for sequence shot. This helps to save time.

If you dont want to use RBI at all use the RBI Enabled set to OFF … this prevent a series of operation on the camera if the firmware version you have leave an amp glow.

If you use RBI I suggest to use 3 short 500ms series in bin2 its fast and work fine.

All the best
Leonardo

Thank you for the information.