I am running Voyager in two rigs, it works brilliantly! However my widefield setup (FSQ106 @ f/3 + Atik11000) is very low resolution and I am having some issues using RoboFire with the Ha filter. LRGB focusing works perfectly but Ha is giving me some headaches (at focus the target star become too small and RoboFire doesn’t detect it properly).
FocusMax works fine on this system and I want to give it a try. Any suggestions? Would it be possible to let Voyager do the star selection, centering etc and just use FM to run the focus routine? IIRC FMs Acquire star routine is not smart enough to use the L filter for plate solving so I rather use Voyager’s do the star selection and centering and just leave FM to do the focusing.
I have tried with stars between 2 and 3 magnitude with the same result. If you are confident that RoboStar is doing the right thing maybe there is a bug somewhere else. I am using MaximDL as camera control but the issue is repeatable if I use ASCOM directly to control the camera.
If possible I don’t want to use FM, Robofire is more convenient and faster.
I am using an astrondon 5nm filter. The stars get closer to 1 pixel when the system is focused.
So far I have tried 10s exposures and 2~3 star magnitude. Sometime it works but most of the time it doesn’t. The problem happens during the last capture when the routine finishes and try to take the last image to confirm focus.
I also have to change ‘Target Star Bin’ from 2 to 1 because if I leave set to Bin 2 it fail to detect the star at the beginning of the focusing run.
A star under 1 pixel cannot be detected.
From your log I see a mag 3,8 3,9 are used. so try to pu 2.0 to 2.9 in magnitude of star.
Bin 2 i dont think is a good choice in a so undersampled resolution.
Its not a question of time on exposure but of Flux. Bigger flux can avoid problem.
Please Jose, let me know if this help on your issue. I added a checkbox (red attention on use) with a modify on AI filtering dedicate to your situation. Other filters will not be affected just the narrow.