Goto behavior with Voyager 2.3.4 release

Few users have found a problem on Goto. In the Release 2.3.4 of Voyager I’ve remove a handle leak from ASCOM Astrometry Library instancing. They have recommend me to use a single instance of library, this seems need the use of the latest version of ASCOM 6.5 SP1 Platform or at least this one version ( a lot of bug fixed from initial version 6.5 SP1 of Platform so its also strongly recommend to update in anycase) :

immagine

Please, if you experience the issue reported in this thread be sure to updating the ASCOM version.
Is not a general problem but depend on how your ASCOM mount driver interact with the ASCOM Library.

Please ask for support if needed.

All the best
Leonardo

Leonardo,

thanks for your quick reply. Currently I´m still using ASCOM 6.5.0.3091, so I guess this will cause the issue. I´ll try the upgrade tomorrow and report back.

Ciao,

Matthias

Hi Matthis and All,

this is the official warning about using the simple 6.5 platform version of ASCOM that affect Voyager pointing.

All the best
Leonardo

Hello Leonardo,

The Mesu mount is affected. I just updated to version 2.3.4 of Voyager and had this issue. I updated to Ascom 6.5 SP1 and it was fixed. Thanks for the thread. It has saved me a lot of time.
Best Regards,

Jose

Thanks to you Jose.

All the best
Leonardo

Thanks Leo, this affected our Paramount MX+ which wasn’t slewing to the target. The update resolved this.

Neil