I already have a motorized roll roof backyard observatory. I have a Raspberry PI that controls a relay of a garage motor to open close the roof, very basic. My current acquisition workflow is like this:
- manually (via ssh raspberry pi) open the roof
- start voyager
- manually (via ssh raspberry pi) close the roof in the morning.
I would like to add some hardware to fully control my ROR via voyager, and I want to hear from your experiences.
Some soft requirements:
- Reuse as much as possible.
- Open the roof at the begining of the session via Voyager
- Close the roof at the end of the session via Voyager
- If the weather conditions are unsafe close the roof automatically
I have experience coding, soldering, 3D designing etc, so a DIY project is also an option.