I am in the market for a new mount, the mount will be installed in an observatory and will work unattended. I already have a Paramount MX+ and it is excellent when operated remotely, it never gets lost and never run the telescope into the pier, really nice mount, it also plays very nice with Voyager.
However, I don’t have the funds to get another Paramount. Max budget is 4K USD.
- 100% compatible with Voyager
- 100% remotely operated, no need to physically press a button to initialize the mount.
- Robust Tracking/Slew limits
- Ability to recover from power failure or PC crash (unattended initialization?)
- Photographic weight capacity ~45lbs (could be more, portability is not an issue since it will be installed in an observatory) I will mount a RASA11
- Minimal periodic mechanical adjustments, I don’t mind tunning the mount every 3 months, but I don’t want to adjust the worm mesh every other week.
Any experience with these mounts? How do they play with Voyager? Are they suitable for remote unattended operation?
If you have other mount that I should consider please feel free to add it.