Lunatico AAG as SQM

Hello!

The latest AAG cloudwatchers from lunatico show a value in mag/arcsec² as sky brightness like an SQM. Is there perhaps a possibility at some point that the AAG will be implemented in Voyager in this respect, so that it can also be selected under “SQM” - and the value is also entered in the fits header? I would have AAG files with this value if needed.

All the best,
Markus

Hello Romuland!

I don’t know what sensors Lunatico is currently using, but this “SQM feature” is very new - I would say a few weeks old. These brand new AAGs also look different in the sensor area. In the last few days I had such an AAG in operation right next to an SQM to compare the output values. The AAG showed about 0.2 mag/arcsec² less, but overall the readings were very comparable. Therefore, the question of whether one could read out the “SQM data” of the AAG in Voyager is not so much about the perfect accuracy, but only about the possibility, because one would then have comparable data in one’s own images.

All the best,
Markus

Hello Romuald!

Sorry for spelling your name wrong before.
According to Lunatico, you can order an upgrade, but I don’t know if it works for all models. A friend asked for an upgrade for his relatively new AAG and the cost was well over 100 EUR.

Best regards, Markus

Hi Markus,

I asked a device with the SQM to import in Voyager to Lunatico.
If I will receive one I will be happy to import if possible. I hope instead they have a simple SQM ASCOM driver already developed and ready to use … that is the right solution.

All the best
Leo

Hello Leonardo,

oh dear, I’m afraid ASCOM drivers don’t exist, because the programmes are still the same. With the limits, you no longer enter a limit according to the “old” values, but according to the SQM values In the AAG. SLD.dat there is a column with the values. I am curious to see if something can be done.

All the best,
Markus

The sld.dat do not contains info about the SQM.
So if they have added this info in the sld file for Voyager this must be a new AAG product. I cannot broken retro compatibility.

A sample of the products is needed for import in Voyager.

Hello Leonardo,

I can send you all the files stored by the brand new AAG if that helps you for now.

All the best,
Markus

I asked info about to Lunatico, and asked to not change the file format.
I will let you know in case of answer.

Thanks Markus

Thi file stored is the same, nothing changed.
There is an ASCOM Driver for Observing conditions if you want to get the SQM value so , nothing to do about.

For your info, I talked directly with Lunatico Staff.

Hello Leonardo,

the SQM value appears in the fits header, perfect! Thank you very much!

All the best,
Markus