Melotte 15, fully unattended

Hi,

Finally after months of work I have fully automated my home observatory. Now the only things between high quality data are the weather and windows updates :wink:

I am super happy to achieve this milestone! I just have to create the target and keep track of the progress.

The image is composed of 50hrs of data captured over several nights, with a TOA150 and a Paramount MX+ from my home in northern Mexico.

Let le share the result with you.

Thanks Leo for developing Voyager!

Cheers,

José

15 Likes

Absolutely great José! Congratulations :clap:

Roberto

1 Like

Thanks to you José.

Great image as always.
Leonardo

1 Like

Beautiful color and detail. Excellent work!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! I am super happy with the way my equipment is working.

The stars of the image turned out harshed (deconvocultion?), I have tried to fix them but they always ended up worse, more thing to learn :slight_smile:

Stay safe,

José

Magnificent!!!
incredible details and colors. Great job

1 Like

Tons of details. Superb!

1 Like

Just fantastic!

Miguel

1 Like

Amazing image. Well done Jose!

1 Like

A lovely image.

If windows updates in Windows 10 are giving you reboots at unwelcome times, you can change the “Active hours” when windows does not do automatic restarts, I have my imaging machines set with active hours of approximately 6PM to 9AM so they do not reboot during a run.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. The main problem with my observatory PC is that not always get back online after the updates. It is a very old system 2GB atom laptop and usually I have to manually reboot several times after a major windows update. Very annoying that you cannot disable once and for all the autoupdates.

Cheers,

José

There are ways to fully disable Windows updates: https://www.easeus.com/todo-backup-resource/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-automatically-update.html

Blue’s solution is what I do also as I’d like to keep my computer updated (I don’t have one in the observatory but connect through Alpaca and using an Icron LAN extender). I also have an IP switch so that I can reboot anything that is unresponsive.

Roberto

Beautifully done Jose

Jon

That’s just lovely! My goal is eventual full automation. Just have to convince the hubby that what we really need is an observatory at our house