Mosaic and RoboTarget?

I’ve tried to add a mosaic, but getting an error that I cannot select an FOV mosaic - did I miss something or are mosaics not permitted for scheduling?

Mosaic is not allowed in RoboTarget, this will not have sense.
Mosaic & research sequence are a little scheduler so they cannot match.

All the best
Leonardo

That’s sad - it’s the one of the two things that Ekos (along with target planning) used to do that I miss with Voyager.

You can use Research & Survey & Mosaics if you need.
Voyager have a dedicated section for this. For planning you can use the RoboTarget.

All the best
Leonardo

Related to this, would it be possible to have RoboClip modified to be able to export a series of single targets from a mosaic, with the mosaic name as the target group?

For instance a four panel mosaic in Orion with a target name of “Orion Mosaic” would output (If exported as single targets) four separate targets named Orion Mosaic 1, Orion Mosaic 2, Orion Mosaic 3 and Orion Mosaic 4, all under the group name “Orion Mosaic”

From there it would be quite simple to import the four as individual targets in the RoboTarget manager and use the “Max sequence time for night” to manage distributing time through the night to shoot roughly even amounts of data per panel (If that was desired) or otherwise just allow the sequencing logic to shoot each panel to completion before moving to the next.

It would be a more work but it would be possible to assemble this manually now to create multiple targets in RoboTarget from and effectively use it to manage shooting a mosaic. I have done that before to create individual sequences for panel by panel shooting.

2 Likes

I would agree that a simpler way of exporting tiles/panels from Roboclip to RoboTarget would be welcome. I don’t know if it can be as automated as some are expecting above though as this may be too much work at this stage for Leonardo/Voyager team.

My main gripe is having to enter into each individual tile in Roboclip and copying the RA and DEC coordinates by hand and pasting them separately. It’s not the end of the world but I am lazy! Doing this for a 3x3 mosaic (9 panels) = 18 copy/paste which is bound to go wrong at some point… :stuck_out_tongue:

As to the logic, my suggestion would be that there is a flag in RoboTarget Manager where one can specify a target is part of a Mosaic so that if it gets scheduled it is linked in the same priority as other panels.

Roberto

1 Like

And none of this is urgent or critical. I much rather have Array with Advanced!!! :wink: :muscle:t2: :crossed_fingers:

Roberto

I have several Mosaics in the scheduler already (albeit 2x1) that I manually copied from Robotarget. So far the scheduler is working wonders, no issues.

Cheers,

José

1 Like