Mount always parks to default home position at end of sequence

Hello,

I´m rather clueless, not long ago I could park my mount at the end of the Sequence to a previous defined park position. I know that it was possible in Voyager (Settings Tab) to set a custom park position, but this is no longer possible (no option available).
It even doesn´t matter if I directly set in Voyager mount control Ascom (EQMOD) or The SkyX (with ASCOM driver connection), the mount always parks to the default home-postion at the end of any sequence. I have several custom park positions set in EQMOD and even in TheSkyX, but that doesn´t change a thing.

I have no idea anymore, what do I do wrong, how do I tell voyager to always park to a specific park position? It worked several weeks/month ago but since i changed to a new PC (Win10, EQMOD V2.00q, TheSkyX v10.5.0, latest voyager build) I can´t get Voyager to park to a custom position. I already tried several diffrent combinations of EQMOD/TheSkyX and Voyager versions, diffrent settings, even diffrent mounts, but no change. Maybe I do need an additional ASCOM driver for park cababilities that I miss currently? Don´t know, rather clueless.

I would appreciate it, if someone cloud direct me to a solution.

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

nothing is changed in Voyager about parking and nothing are removed about, various kind of parking in Voyager are explained here:
https://wiki.starkeeper.it/index.php/Mount_Setup#Park.2FUnpark

If you use simulate the parking will be not done using the ASCOM park command or TheSkyX park command. So the mount will go with a simple goto where you ask and not in default position.

if you use TheSkyX like mount control and not simulate in Voyager, parking position is defined in theskyx

If you use ASCOM the park position is the one choosed in the ASCOM driver (EQMOD in your case). For ASCOM if you want you can define a park position using the ASCOM Set Park procedure (command button) , the position chosen will be stored in the instance of the driver used by Voyager:
https://wiki.starkeeper.it/index.php/Mount_Setup#Park.2FUnpark

In anycase if you dont use simulated parking in Voyager, Voyager will send only a park command and cannot choose where to go. Where the mount will go depend exclusively from the driver or from TheskyX.

I hope this help.

All the best
Leonardo

Hi Leonardo,

yes that I understand. Sadly if i connect the EQ8-RH Pro or AZ EQ6 GT or the EQ8 old version via ASCOM EQMOD in Voyager “ASCOM Set Park” "as well as “Get Cababilities” is greyed out and I don´t know how to “ungrey” it. I remember I did that in the past but I can´t seem to remember how to achieve that.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

the features you wrote about is enabled only if you have the setup connected.

All the best
Leonardo

Hi Leonardo,

thanks for the quick reply.

If i connect my mount via ascom (eqmod) directly with Voyager, it is still greyed out. Do I unpark it is still greyed out. Vice versa, If I park it it is still greyed out. It is all time greyed out, THAT is my problem. I do not know why it behaves this way.

Maybe a setting in Eqmod or somewhere else?

It’s just hillarious I know that it works exact as you rescribe, cause it did work with my old PC, just with the new one it just won’t. I guess I remember that I had to set a specific setting somewhere to be able to activate “ASCOM PARK”, but I can’t remember what it was and where.

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

enabled status of button is related to connection status of setup, if Voyager not allow click on this buttons means mount is not connected or setup is not completly connected or the mount control is not an ASCOM driver.

Try to open a request of support to check togheter in remote.

All the best
Leonardo

Hi Leonardo,

thanks for your help.

Last night I connected my equipment using only ASCOM and voilá “Set ASCOM Park” was finally avaliable. My mistake before was I only connected my mount via ASCOM and not the other equipment.

Now it works like a charm.

Voyager is an amazing piece of software, keep up the awesome work.

All the best and of course always clear skies
Sebastian

2 Likes