New Complete Observatory Automation System Beta Tester Wanted (UK based)

Over the past 2 years a complete automated observatory system has been designed and is currently undergoing BETA testing at several autonomous observatory sites. The system comprises of a suite of modules managed by a central control system. Preferably we are looking for a UK based BETA tester to join the program of testing this new advanced suite of hardware and software. In return for taking part, you will receive a complete system for your observatory at a very generous discount.

I am a professional software engineer with nearly 25 years’ experience in both programming and devops and in my spare time an active Astro Imager for nearly 10 years. The system has been designed as a single source solution. All aspects of observatory automation have been catered for. This includes weather station, roof control, mount management plus far more. The system has advanced error management and safety systems built in from the ground up. All mechanical design has been undertaken in 3D CAD design by an ex-Aerospace Design Engineer who is also an active Astro Imager for nearly 20 years.

Full support will be provided by myself one to one.

The only requirement is that the observatory has WIFI.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Hi David, done. ThNk you so much

Hello David If it is applicable to a USB Scopedome card, I am also interested.

Hi Im sorry we don’t cater for domes currently.

Best regards

David.

Hi,

Thanks to those who replied. We are having initial discussions with a suitable end user.

Many thanks

David.