Pencil Nebula OSC/RGB

I am awaiting the arrival of a new 80mm imaging scope and had to give back the one I had borrowed, so I mounted up the C925 SCT I originally used as a visual scope so as not to waste a clear night on the new moon (A very rare combination for the last year or so)

I was a little hesitant to leave it to do an unattended meridian flip the first time I have mounted this scope using Voyager, but I checked that all my cabling was free to move anywhere it could point, that the camera would not crash for at least an hour past the meridian and went to bed. A perfect unattended flip occurred a couple of hours later!

The target is the pencil nebula in the Vela SNR, 37 X 300 second exposures with a ZWO ASI294MC Pro camera with darks and flat applied. Integrated in Astro Pixel Processor with a bit of post processing in Photoshop.

4 Likes

Congrats Paul nice image, glad you can manage your session.

All the best
LO

It took me a couple of iterations to find a star that the VCurve first light wizard was happy with but once I got that right it was a smooth night from then on.

Dear Blue, there is a dedicated action (green button) to use before do a vcurve of first light wizard.
Please do not do manually.

All the best
LO

Thanks Leonardo, I will have the opportunity to do it again very soon and will use the Point closest star" button. My new imaging scope may arrive in the next 24 hours!

The entire experience with the SCT was rather rushed as I only decided to image with it about an hour before first subs for the night! I have used that scope before for imaging but not for many months and not since I started using Voyager as it is not really suitable for the job.