Planetarium Software

I’ve just started trialing Voyager. One question - does it connect to Stellarium planetarium software? I can’t see it in the list

Hello Christopher,

in Voyager Planetarium is used to search object for targeting. The planetarium system must be connected and managed if have an external interface for integration. Some planetariums have a good interface to telescope and is commandable form external program and this mean can be used like Mount control in Voyager (for now just thesky6 and theskyx passed this quality level in Voyager).

If Stellarium have and external interface for integration and have command to satisfy Voyager request will can be imported in Voyager.

I’m looking in their site but seem a remote control is an optional plug-in.
Can you help me to understand if this is true ? Because i don’t use Stellarium and i dont know it.

All the best
LO

Leonardo

Thanks for answering me. Most people use this.
https://welshdragoncomputing.ca/x/index.php/home/stellariumscope/about-stellariumscope

The Voyager software looks very good

Regards, Chris

In this case with this plugin yuo can connect planetarium like telescope in Voyager Mount Control using ASCOM.
My opinion is to use direct ASCOM instead if your mount use ASCOM.

Thanks
LO

Stellarium can control mounts as per the StellariumScope software previously mentioned.

However, I presume you would like to have other control of the software as well? Perhaps this API might help: http://stellarium.org/doc/0.18/remoteControlApi.html ?

Thanks for info, i’ll Add to planetarium control and mount control if have all the method of Voyager interface

I use Stellarium and like it quite a lot compared to CdC or HNSKY.

Did adding Stellarium not work out back in December 2018? One thing that’s changed since then is the addition of direct ASCOM control of a telescope, instead of going through StellariumScope. It’s enabled and set up through Configuration / Plugins / Telescope Control. The webserver interface setup is at Configuration / Plugins / Remote Control.

As I understand it, the actual planetarium program is not the objective, but access to its star catalog is what is necessary. I would rather have one planetarium program than several, even though that’s not a major point. I only bring up the ASCOM subject because that was being discussed previously.

I hope you might consider again adding Stellarium to the other supported planetarium programs.

Jerome

1 Like

Yes Jerome, is on the todo list.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Thanks for keeping this is mind, Leonardo. You must have an impressive list. :slight_smile:

1 Like

" I would rather have one planetarium program than several" same here!

The main reason I use Stellarium is because of the bookmarking feature. I can easily plan and view potential targets. It’d be great for Voyager to use the Stellarium database, charting and Roboclip sync/import from Voyager bookmarks.
But yeah, I’d totally be happy with just being able to use Stellarium for the database since I use Stellarium anyways.

Great work! I love Voyager.