Possible bug after Resume in sequence

Hello All

I was capturing some G and L for an image I’m taking of LBN468 overnight. I had a sequence of 15 G frames followed by as many as possible L frames (counter set to 50) before the scheduled sequence end.
After successfully acquiring the 15 G frames, Voyager moved onto the L frames and managed to capture 4 when clouds moved in. See timestamp 2019/08/08 02:34:23 611 in the attached.
Voyager tried to re-initiate the sequence a couple of times and when it finally did so (2019/08/08 03:08:27 286), it went back to the original sequence and started acquiring another set of 15 G frames instead of continuing with the L frames.
This had not happened to me before in previous versions (I do get clouds and suspensions a lot!) and I’m running the latest 2.1.7a.
Any thoughts?
Thank you

Roberto

I could not upload the Voyager.log file - even after changing the extension.
Dropbox link below to it:
2019_08_08_Voyager.log

Dear Roberto , Voyager doesn’t have sequence status memory… restart from the beginning of slot. This from the first version.

All the best

Leo

Wow Leo; I hadn’t noticed that!
Is this something you could look at?
I set an alarm when a suspension event happens and check that everything is fine and the RoR closes but then leave Voyager to pick up from where it left…or so I thought!
Roberto

Resume from event restart from the block suspended or from where you choose , depended on how you made the script. In any case the block suspended restart from begin.

So would make sense then to split the sequence into different blocks (by filter) and have Voyager resume to the N+1 block?
I would really appreciate being able to resume to within the sequence. Don’t take me wrong, but surely a counter of the exposure should be a simple thing to keep in memory?
Thank you Leo.
Roberto

I suggest to divide in small blocks and use repeat … these help to get data also in multiple nights. Counter seems easy but isn’t true. But I promise you I’m working on. Much better for expert like you use of Voyager Advanced when will be released.

3 Likes

Thank you Leo.
By small blocks I assume you mean “smaller” blocks of same filter shots within a sequence?
Certainly look forward to seeing the Advanced vs Base features when available.
Roberto

Yes Roberto . Thanks

Roberto,

As an example of smaller blocks, I shoot LRGB with 10 exposures each for a minute or two each exposure. This yields a nominal integration time of 40 minutes or so. Then I run the sequence “by slot” and set the repeat to a number (like 15 or 20) that will keep the sequence running al night. I usually have the sequence or DragScript end at dawn, so the repeat number doesn’t have to be exact.

With the sequence set up this way, restarting it doesn’t significantly alter the mix of frames taken.

Kind regards,

Glenn

Glenn
Thanks. Yes, I’ve used sequences like what you suggest before. I was just taking frames last night to finish out the filters I did not have (G) and adding more L (which is never enough). I had taken B and R frames on previous nights and only needed G. Hence the 15 frames in one go.
I would still favour being able to resume to where I left off and trust Leo when he says he is looking into it for the Advanced version.
I have used other automation software (MaxPilote, Prism) and this was a feature embedded in all of them; so I took it for granted.
Roberto

What is normal for other software not necessary is normal for voyager

Leo
I’m not criticising Voyager. It was an assumption of mine it would work like other software. Since you are working on some of these features in another version of it, I’m happy to see how that comes along.
Roberto

Roberto, i just renewed the phylosophy of Voyager … no answered to a criticism.

You are welcome.
LO