PrimaLuceLab Eagles have landed in Voyager's office

Thank to Omar Cauz and PrimaLuceLab we have just received:

• Eagle 4 PRO
  • Eagle 3 S
  • ECCO for EAGLE

Now we can import in Viking the I/O functionalities and in Voyager the new Environment and SQM data.
Thanks Omar.

All the best
Leonardo

6 Likes

This is great news! I own two EAGLE3S’s on my rigs. Looking forward to the I/O functionality -Richard

1 Like

Great news indeed. A bit of a missing link on my setup.

1 Like

Some news about:

Eagle4 ready ! Eagle 3 on going …

1 Like

We asked some change to PrimaLuceLab to manage Ecco in a better way with full automation in mind … a new Manager from them will be released. Thanks to Omar at PrimaLuceLab.

Eagle 3 is completed.

All the best
Leonardo

2 Likes

This is good news Leonardo. Now, the important question is when do we see the updated versions of Viking!!!

Larry

Hi Larry,

I’m waiting for new Manager from PrimaLuceLab. They say to me will be released next week.

All the best
Leonardo

You can test if you want, I just released a daily build with all features.
What will be in new manager is related to Ecco and Ecco2.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Hello,

I see that you can monitor if ECCO is connected to Eagle. However, is it possible to connect ECCO on/off via viking / drag script ?

Thank you.

Voyager autoconnect ECCO and ECCO2 at connection, but you need the right Manager. The one I have in beta yes (4.1) … (we asked to add method in their web server to activate). PrimaLuceLab will release as soon if not yet released for Eagle 4 and Eagle 3.
You can ask directly to PrimaLuceLab support about when will be released.
I’ve just send an email about for info.

Without this manager you must start ECCO manually.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Thank you very much. Very helpful.
Frederic

Omar from PrimaLuceLab tell me the Manager 4.1 for Eagle4 is downloadable and pubblished:
https://www.primalucelab.com/downloads/EAGLE4-software-package.zip

For eagle 3 will be ready in this week.

All the best
Leonardo

I have purchased the Eagle 4 Pro and the ECCO2 - I have not purchased Voyager - my question is do I need to purchase Voyager and Viking. I would also like a better explanation of the integration of these devices with Voyager and Viking.

Voyager is an automation software.
Viking is an I/O board and protocol manager, have inside an application server that abstract,normalize and simplify to Voyager, or all other automation software, access to the I/O.

Viking manage all the features of Eagle 2/3/4 and ECCO/ECCO2 , this features are available to Voyager not with a limitation like a normal ASCOM Switch driver have in other software but with a tight integration. You can check all the data from Voyager Dragscript and interact if you need.

Not necessary to buy voyager / Viking … its your choice.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

In simple terms with Voyager and Viking you can set it up to turn on power to all your equipment at a set time, image all night, and turn power off again in the morning. Viking is the component that turns power on and off. It works really well. I load up targets into Voyager during the day and leave Voyager/Viking to do the rest knowing that next morning everything will be parked up and powered down.

2 Likes

Hi Leo,
I now have a Eagle 4. Will there be a way to port the SQM data from the eye into Voyager via the SQM setup tab with a future release? Or is this only a Viking possibility? I currently do not have a ECCO2.

Thanks

Jon

Hello, Eagle 4 has an ascom environment driver that allows you to import SQM. It should be in your Eagle Manager folder. See the manual age 49. It works for me on voyager.

1 Like

Thanks Fred. I’ll check it out.

Best
Jon

Fredd answer for me … Viking also manage observing conditions of Eagle and send back to Voyager.
If you have Viking you can use like gateway for data, just select on the Observing conditions control list in Voyager Setup. Otherwise use ASCOM driver from PrimaLuceLab.

1 Like