Slave on “startup-connect” in Dome setup

Hi Leonardo,
As you are aware I have a PD-10 dome running Digital Dome Works with certain limitations that you have helped me work around. It is now running smoothly as a result of your help. However one of the things that I run into is DDW automatically rotates the dome to home and closes the shutter after eight minutes of non-communication from Voyager. Since DDW is not updated regularly would it be possible in Voyager in the “dome set up” menu to have an additional checkbox in which the dome slaves on “start up -connect” or alternatively when using any of the “on the fly” options in addition to the current when “starting a sequence” checkbox? I frequently use “on the fly” without doing an actual sequence. If I don’t finish within the eight minutes the dome will go home and the shutter will close.
All the best,
Bob

Hi Bob,

sorry but this is not possible for safety reasons. If you want you can create a startup dragscript to run or manually start the dome slave. If you use a Sequence (OnTheFly or DragScript) then slave is automatically done when the sequence start.

All the best
Leonardo

No worries. That makes sense. I was out last night and discovered that the eight minute shut down procedure in the DDW only starts at after the first dome rotation. So basically I will just go into the dome and power up everything and open the shutter with the DDW handpad to start the cooldown but don’t do any rotation until I actually am ready to image in the Voyager sequencing program a couple of hours later. Thanks again for the quick reply. I captured some great light frames last night before the moon came up of M10 and the bright Panstarrs comet in the same frame with my TOA-130. Looking forward to processing those today.
All the best,
Bob

1 Like