TheSkyX + Dome Functions Not Working

I have been switching back and forth between ASCOM and TSX controlling the dome to see the pointing differences hoping to get ASCOM dependable.

In all cases, I’m using TSX to control the mount (MX). Then in Voyager I’m either selecting 1) TSX or 2) ASCOM Dome Control --> ASCOM Telescope Driver for TheSky. I am using #2 so that I can utilize the Pipe diagnostics tool.

For the dome I’m selecting in Voyager 1) TSX & Use Legacy Software to Sync the Telescope, 2) ASCOM MaxDome II Driver & Use Voyager RoboSync to Sync Telescope or 3) ASCOM Dome Control --> Pipe Diagnostics Tool --> MaxDome II Driver & Use Voyager Robosync.

I’m having the opposite experience that SgtBilko had. TSX is pointing accurately and Voyager has pointing problems at certain parts of the sky. I have entered the exact same geometry parameters in both programs.

In my previous post where Voyager calculated the dome az at 173 yet the dome was at 224, I found using Pipe that the command sent to MaxDome was to rotate to 224. IMO that eliminated a communication error between Voyager and MaxDome. I’m left figuring out where I have incorrectly calculated my geometry. I’m hoping to have free time this weekend to devote to this mystery.

Sorry to cause any confusion.

Hi , i dont know what is for you Pipe … if for you is the POTH with dome control you can use the same algorithm for calculation setting in RoboSync ( Use POTH compatible Salving Calculation ):

If you use TSX (NOT ASCOM) like mount in Voyager , you must use Voyager for the goto … because Voyager will take care of side of pier … TSX doesn’t report side of pier to third parts application. If you send goto out of Voyager you could be have problems in meridian crossed area of the sky with error on dome azimuth calculations.

All the best
Leonardo