Tracking Comet C/2022 E3

I have a Planewave L500 mount and have loaded in the Ephemerides so that it will track the comet. All I want Voyager to do is take a series of short exposures, no guiding, no focusing, no plate solving. What is the best way to do this.
Eric

Eric

Just set your sequence accordingly with all those options OFF. Use the first RA and DEC coordinates of your object’s trajectory as target and off you go.

Roberto

What about tracking? I want the mount to track the comet, not Voyager at a specific RA and Dec. You can’t set up a sequence On the Fly without a RA and Dec. I am probably missing something obvious.
Eric

You cannot start a sequence without tell Voyager where to pointing. If you dont want to point target on start just remove the flag dedicated in sequence tab (sequence configuration) Voyager will use actual position. But if you manage the meridian flip Voyager will point the coords in the sequence for sure at meridian change.

Otherwise you can use a simple dragscript with a repeat block with inside an exposure block istead of the sequence

Eric
See what Leonardo has said which applies or I said in my first post, just enter the coordinates your mount will be pointing at the beginning of the session as Target in your Sequence and then just turn OFF, pointing, focusing, guiding, dithering, etc. Voyager doesn’t control your mount’s tracking, only the initial GoTo.

Roberto

Leo, Roberto,
Thanks for the direction. Will give it a try on the comet letting the mount do the pointing.
Eric

Eric

Saw you picture on Astrobin. Did you manage to get it done using Voyager?

Roberto

Roberto,

I did those with Maxim DL, but have worked out the process using Voyager in the future for capture. Thanks for the help.

Eric