Two successful nights

Just a check in to say I have run advanced the last two nights without issue. Started my drag script before dark, Voyager cooled the camera, homed the mount, opened the dome and waited for night. Once night started with a 15min early offset, RoboTarget sequencer ran and collected data until about 4am when it ran out of targets. I have about 10 targets entered in the scheduler.

3 Likes

Excellent Jon! Same here, ran again last night and it was clear all night. All three piers cooperated. I have to blink the data next.

This is fun :slight_smile: ! Very nice to have our little community working together and beta testing. Keep the reports coming!

Cheers,
Rowland

I also have 3 nights of success so far. Added 20+ targets in and now I am queued to Summer targets already :slight_smile: I also like the fact that everything is remote now. I just browse on Astrobin, add interesting targets/framings to Roboclip via Web, add them into Targets via remote RoboTarget manager, and start the DragScript for whole-night operation via Web as well.

I would like to see some of the suggested functions in other posts to be impletemented. I also had a few suggestions PMed to Leo. I think once the RoboTarget demonstrated to be stable, Leo might have more time to respond to those requests.

Yizhou

Thanks Johnatan,

really appreciated.

All the best
Leonardo

I had a whole night of imaging last night - not great conditions as high clouds were prevalent - but I mainly wanted to test Scheduler and RoboTarget. Voyager did not disappoint! It worked perfectly! :+1:
I need to work on my constraints as they are well, too constraining, and I’m missing out on targets that under normal conditions I would have imaged.
Also, despite having 100 targets in my list, I need to add more galaxies and spring targets as the scheduler ran out of things to image at around 4AM!
Can’t wait for the Array version of Advanced to be available :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Roberto

My personal thoughts not as a developer but as a Voyager Advanced user and astrophotographer:

I think that wanting to make a scheduler do what you would do is a difficult logic to obtain, even by simulating and imposing constraints you would always have things different from what you expect. We should move to the logic of putting the desired targets and waiting for them to be 100% achieved and put many. Maybe set the same targets at low priority or others with less stringent constraints to avoid inactivity.

At the beginning I too thought that I did not fill the night well and the problem was that I put a few targets with very tight constraints. After a couple of weeks I did that add more targets always with tight constraints. Now after almost 3 months I find myself with excellent data of many finished subjects that I will never be able to process, I have also posted someone on this forum.

I think it is essential to optimize the part of the constraints on the Moon with ORs or with the concept of Moon avoidance because the current limits often exclude favorable conditions. But I asked myself to put my hand to this, it seems that Leo has listened to me and will implement everything soon.

Of course the weather is the limit, if the weather is adverse and the recovery time is little better to use a few targets and wide constraints.

One passionate Voyager user
LO

4 Likes

First opportunity to run advanced last night here too. Woke up to 12 hours of Sharpless object data! I had a target list with some targets I knew it couldn’t reach and others that were only in constraints for a short time. Key is to have lots of well spread targets, not so easy here now for narrowband on early morning targets.

One session is not really a good test but I am excited to run this for a whole season. It is a change of mindset from a couple of targets a night to many targets over a longer period.

1 Like