Voyager Daily Build 2.2.1a for TSX users [CHANGED to 2.2.1b]

OK, the only issue is that increasing aggressiveness will affect star shapes by introducing overcorrections. I am shutting 15 or 30 min subs with subarcsecond resolution.

So far I’ve found that the best combination for subarcsecond resolution is to guide every 10s with the aggression set to 2. Probably in this scenario is better to dither then re-acquire the star and resume guiding.

I will try some tunning of my guiding parameters to see if I can increase the aggression and guiding frequency without affecting tracking quality.

Cheers,

José

I can check if it’s possible to change aggressive in tsx from integration interface. In this case I can use high for dither and after go back to initial value

2 Likes

Script TheSkyX: ccdsoftCamera Class Reference

int ccdsoftCamera::AutoguiderAggressiveness readwrite

This property holds the autoguider aggressiveness.

10 = nominal aggressiveness, autoguiding corrections are made to their full amount; 5 = 50% where autoguiding corrections are made to half there amount. This method gives a means to deaden or amplify autoguiding corrections.

Ok i think i can do it … i will let you know about
LO

2 Likes

As soon as you implement the change I will test it (assuming that the weather cooperates)

Thanks!

José

That is an awesome idea Leo!

Inside Voyager setting section, tab guiding, box TheSkyX Guiding Setting, flag Override aggressiveness …
Set flag if you want autochange and value of fast correction (from 1 to 20 according TheSkyX actual release).

Please let me know if this work for you.

All the best
LO

Thanks! I will try it as soon as the weather allows me.

Cheers,

José

Did the dither override do the trick with your guiding issue?

Yes, it works like a charm.

Cheers,

José